Action Repeating - Why?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
kevshTO

Action Repeating - Why?

Post by kevshTO »

Created a Daily Run Post Images action and it's running at the scheduled time but then again (typically) and hour or two later. The first action processed successfully according to the output file.

The submitted log contains two actions, they both acted similarly. Screen shot shows how the actions ran the first time but now are scheduled to run again at 12:06 and 12:14, both about an hour after the initial action ran.

I'm seeing this repeatedly for multiple actions (Likes/Post Images, etc.) and not only in TwitterDub but in TumblrJazz, so I'm hoping it's something I'm doing wrong setting-wise, etc.

Log ID: 2336
support@rootjazz

Re: Action Repeating - Why?

Post by support@rootjazz »

kevshTO wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:26 pm Created a Daily Run Post Images action and it's running at the scheduled time but then again (typically) and hour or two later. The first action processed successfully according to the output file.

The submitted log contains two actions, they both acted similarly. Screen shot shows how the actions ran the first time but now are scheduled to run again at 12:06 and 12:14, both about an hour after the initial action ran.

I'm seeing this repeatedly for multiple actions (Likes/Post Images, etc.) and not only in TwitterDub but in TumblrJazz, so I'm hoping it's something I'm doing wrong setting-wise, etc.

Log ID: 2336
I have reported it to martin and he will reply you back soon.

But, are you sure you have not put the value 1 in repeat every hour along with daily run at? ( Seems like that or you have messed with some settings surrounding that)?
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

I checked each action and no, there's no repeat values set at all, just the Daily Run. Curiously, a couple of them today haven't run at the first scheduled time (this morning) either. I'll monitor and submit the logs again if they don't run at all.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

You are not running multiple copies of the application on the same machine are you?

IF not, can you provide me with a simple set of instructions to perform to cause the issue, as I am unable to replicate this.

i.e.

1) start app
2) goto POST IMAGES tab
3) specify folder of 10 images
4) select daily runner: 10am
5) <indicate all other options>
6) run action
7) wait 1-2 hours
8) random action appears

something like the above we can perform EXACTLY and try and cause the same issue. Basically, we need to replicate the issue here in order to fix it so the more info you can give the better

Regards,
Martin
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

I am running one instance each of TwitterDub and TumblrJazz concurrently - though there is some crossover in that the apps are both using the same credentials (email addresses, proxies, etc. - I am using the same email address in some cases for both Twitter and Tumblr, along with the associated proxy) and as pointed out I'm having similar issues in TumblrJazz. If you require I can test there and provide details as well.

As for the sequence in TD, here's what I'm doing:

1) Click on Image Tweet tab
2) Select a single account in the bottom pane for this action
3) Click on Dir button and select the image folder to be used
4) Click the Import File button to load the images
4) Click on the Assign Meta button and copy/paste meta details where appropriate, then click Save
5) Enter the # Max Upload and Fluctuate values (typically "3" and "1")
6) Set the Random Pause values (typically "20" to "65" or so)
7) Click the Daily Run checkbox and specify the time (typically "11:00" or so for the first action for an account), specify the fluctuate minutes (typically 65-90 minutes) and select the days (typically 6 days of the week), click Save.
8) Check the Unique Uploads Only box

All other boxes, values, etc. remain untouched. I have also set a second, almost identical action for each account later in the day (typically 6-7 hours later). This was in response to your suggestion my earlier thread to create separate actions if I want them to run on the same day. I should note, however, this repeating action problem has existed before I tried running separate actions in the same day.

What then happens is the initial (first scheduled) action will run at the desired time and upon completion create another action shortly after (see the screen shot in my previous post). To complicate things, I did notice today that two of three "early" Post Images actions (three separate accounts) did not run at all - at least not within the fluctuation time. The one that did run created another upon completion - I didn't note unfortunately the exact time but it was within two hours. The two that didn't run I restarted a little later and upon completion each created an action for the same time the next day (in other words, as expected).

If it helps to know, this issue does not seem to occur for all actions (for instance, I haven't seen it occur for Search Unfollow actions yet), but thus far I've mostly been focusing on a few actions (Post Images, Search Like, Search Retweet primarily) until I can get this solved as well as get more comfortable with the other features.

If you need anything further please let me know.
Thanks
support@rootjazz

kevshTO wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:59 am I am running one instance each of TwitterDub and TumblrJazz concurrently - though there is some crossover in that the apps are both using the same credentials (email addresses, proxies, etc. - I am using the same email address in some cases for both Twitter and Tumblr, along with the associated proxy) and as pointed out I'm having similar issues in TumblrJazz. If you require I can test there and provide details as well.

4) Click on the Assign Meta button and copy/paste meta details where appropriate, then click Save
7) Click the Daily Run checkbox and specify the time (typically "11:00" or so for the first action for an account), specify the fluctuate minutes (typically 65-90 minutes) and select the days (typically 6 days of the week), click Save.

All other boxes, values, etc. remain untouched. I have also set a second, almost identical action for each account later in the day (typically 6-7 hours later). This was in response to your suggestion my earlier thread to create separate actions if I want them to run on the same day. I should note, however, this repeating action problem has existed before I tried running separate actions in the same day.

What then happens is the initial (first scheduled) action will run at the desired time and upon completion create another action shortly after (see the screen shot in my previous post). To complicate things, I did notice today that two of three "early" Post Images actions (three separate accounts) did not run at all - at least not within the fluctuation time. The one that did run created another upon completion - I didn't note unfortunately the exact time but it was within two hours. The two that didn't run I restarted a little later and upon completion each created an action for the same time the next day (in other words, as expected).

If it helps to know, this issue does not seem to occur for all actions (for instance, I haven't seen it occur for Search Unfollow actions yet), but thus far I've mostly been focusing on a few actions (Post Images, Search Like, Search Retweet primarily) until I can get this solved as well as get more comfortable with the other features.

If you need anything further please let me know.
Thanks

I am running one instance each of TwitterDub and TumblrJazz concurrently - though there is some crossover in that the apps are both using the same credentials (email addresses, proxies, etc. - I am using the same email address in some cases for both Twitter and Tumblr, along with the associated proxy) and as pointed out I'm having similar issues in TumblrJazz. If you require I can test there and provide details as well.
If i had a correct reading, then i need to say that , bot the application uses different Database and there is no way of crossover / overlap / override or anything like that.

Thanks for your well written reply. I have created some actions on those functions ( post image / search like / search retweet ) and i will update you on this thread. Please be in touch and don't forget to poke / bump here as this problem will take some time to be checked.

Thanks for your understanding :)

Best ragards
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

Thanks for looking into this. I just submitted logs for 2 actions (Search/Like and Search/Retweet) where this occurs again - the Search Retweet was actually scheduled to run a 3rd time about an hour after the 2nd one, something I'm not sure I've seen before.

In any case, I'm hoping more examples might shed light on what's going on.
ID # 5064
support@rootjazz

kevshTO wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:30 pm Thanks for looking into this. I just submitted logs for 2 actions (Search/Like and Search/Retweet) where this occurs again - the Search Retweet was actually scheduled to run a 3rd time about an hour after the 2nd one, something I'm not sure I've seen before.

ID # 5064
I have replicated the issue to martin. You will get a reply from him as soon as possible. Please be patient.

Regards
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

kevshTO wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:59 am I am running one instance each of TwitterDub and TumblrJazz concurrently - though there is some crossover in that the apps are both using the same credentials (email addresses, proxies, etc. - I am using the same email address in some cases for both Twitter and Tumblr, along with the associated proxy) and as pointed out I'm having similar issues in TumblrJazz. If you require I can test there and provide details as well.
This won't be a problem. It could be a problem if you tried to open multiple copies of THE SAME program, so tried to open tumjazz 3 times, as all instances would try to read from the same db, try to write to the same db, would lock, hide, repeat files. But that isn't your issue

Many thanks I am testing this now

What then happens is the initial (first scheduled) action will run at the desired time and upon completion create another action shortly after (see the screen shot in my previous post).
this would be correct, on completion the new action should be scheduled for the DAILY RUN time of 11:00 +- fluct. You didn't mention the rescheduled time, I assume it is correct?
To complicate things, I did notice today that two of three "early" Post Images actions (three separate accounts) did not run at all - at least not within the fluctuation time. The one that did run created another upon completion - I didn't note unfortunately the exact time but it was within two hours. The two that didn't run I restarted a little later and upon completion each created an action for the same time the next day (in other words, as expected).
this sounds like the processor is out of sync, but your logs should help me

I will try and replicate now, unless I can cause it, my options to fix are limited.

Please perform the following:

Open the program. Delete or pause all existing actions. If actions are already running due to autorun on startup, disable autorun at startup and restart the app. All actions must be waiting, then pause all (or delete)

Delete existing logs
HELP > LOGS > VIEW
delete all files in the folder that opens

Perform the action:
Create the action as you specified above
Run it
Leave the program running, do not add any other actions, do not perform any actions.

Then when teh issue appears, please submit logs again. This will allow me to view ONLY logs related to the issue, sometimes the logs are so detailed trying to spot the error amongst all the useless irrelevant data is impossible

PLEASE NOTE: Do not perform other actions at the same time. Only use one thread. Do not run any actions after this action.

Then submit logs:
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

and let me know the LOGS ID (just the number part is sufficient)

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

kevshTO wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:30 pm Thanks for looking into this. I just submitted logs for 2 actions (Search/Like and Search/Retweet) where this occurs again - the Search Retweet was actually scheduled to run a 3rd time about an hour after the 2nd one, something I'm not sure I've seen before.

ID # 5064
From a purely logs perspective I don't see any issues. I don't see any duplicating actions. I see two separate post image actions, that run then set them selves to reschedule to the next daily run time

Similar for the retweet, different actions for different accounts. But without knowing what you added, is hard to determine if some of those you didn't add, but they look different enough to not be duplicates.