blank useragent

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
rt2

blank useragent

Post by rt2 »

Hi Martin

I'm using 1.3.7.2 and when I try to reset useragent for account(s) then I view the account I find the field blank (no useragent)

tried this many times with one and multiple "reset useragent" but still the same

Thank you
support@rootjazz

Re: blank useragent

Post by support@rootjazz »

rt2 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:19 am Hi Martin

I'm using 1.3.7.2 and when I try to reset useragent for account(s) then I view the account I find the field blank (no useragent)

tried this many times with one and multiple "reset useragent" but still the same

Thank you
You want to change the useragent?

You can set a custom useragent there in the blank field. It will work. I am not sure why an useragent is not assigned automatically in that field.
But, you can set the useragent by yourself . Also i have reported it to martin. He will get back to you soon. :)
rt2

Post by rt2 »

support@rootjazz wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:46 am

Thank you

You can set a custom useragent there in the blank field. It will work. I am not sure why an useragent is not assigned automatically in that field.
But, you can set the useragent by yourself . Also i have reported it to martin. He will get back to you soon. :)
well, cant do that manually for so many accounts I have in the db

tried one account by right click then reset useragent, but when viewed the account found useragent is blank!

I have re-installed 1.372 again thought the problem with a file missing or corrupted (useragent) but still the same

Thank you
support@rootjazz

rt2 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:12 pm

Thank you

tried one account by right click then reset useragent, but when viewed the account found useragent is blank!

I have re-installed 1.372 again thought the problem with a file missing or corrupted (useragent) but still the same

Thank you
Please wait - i already reported to martin.
support@rootjazz

support@rootjazz wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:25 pm
rt2 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:12 pm

Thank you
Please wait - i already reported to martin.
I have confirmed and you don't need to worry. The bot will automatically add a new useragent when it attempts to perform a new action.

Regards
rt2

Post by rt2 »

Thank you.

I didnt know it will send a new useragent automatically, but was also trying to reset/modify multiple useragent for accounts

Regards.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

It is similar to when you add an account, no useragent is generated, it is left blank. Then when ever it does anything, the empty UA is detected, generated and assigned to the account
rt2

Post by rt2 »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:45 pm It is similar to when you add an account, no useragent is generated, it is left blank. Then when ever it does anything, the empty UA is detected, generated and assigned to the account
Hi Martin

the problem is with editing existing account, when I go to accounts and right click to "reset useragent", the field become blank

I just tried the new 1.373 and still the same, many accounts are now got empty useragent and I have to do them one by one!

Thanks for the support
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

rt2 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:01 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:45 pm It is similar to when you add an account, no useragent is generated, it is left blank. Then when ever it does anything, the empty UA is detected, generated and assigned to the account
Hi Martin

the problem is with editing existing account, when I go to accounts and right click to "reset useragent", the field become blank

I just tried the new 1.373 and still the same, many accounts are now got empty useragent and I have to do them one by one!

Thanks for the support
That is correct. You reset it to empty. Run a test action (follow 1 account) then the useragent is regenerated. After the action, view ACCOUNT DETAILS form and you will see a new useragent
rt2

Post by rt2 »

I see, actually I asked because I used to do the reset and view the account I see the new useragent is changed

Thanks for the support