Anyone else has CPU on 99% due to TwitterDub?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
bitcoin

Anyone else has CPU on 99% due to TwitterDub?

Post by bitcoin »

Single last version 1.371 - 16/11/2017, I have this:

That ain't good :) Anyone else? Even File - Exit couldn't close TD, so I had to end the process... :/ Updating to latest version now, these are the logs up to now:
bitcoin

Re: Anyone else has CPU on 99% due to TwitterDub?

Post by bitcoin »

no problems yet : )
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Maximum speed!

There are some routines that will max the CPU, it just means it is being fully utilised. Some big routines (checking large files) are processed across your CPUs in parallel to try and speed them up, so at 100% CPU just means it is going as fast as it can. The OS should schedule the use of the CPU, if it is spare, then it can be used, if another app needs it, the OS will give it to the other app.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Just look at total time spent... trust me, this was a bug. I know my OSes ;-) Hasn't returned since though.
support@rootjazz

Post by support@rootjazz »

bitcoin wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:34 pm Just look at total time spent... trust me, this was a bug. I know my OSes ;-) Hasn't returned since though.
Did you saw what happens clicking the pause action? (pausing all the action )

File read/write operation sucks the RAM / CPU mostly. Or too many threads. How many threads you were using?
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

It was a glitch. The program couldn't do anything any longer. I had to force end it. I was doing as I'm doing always; nothing dramatic and I normally don't even notice the CPU impact. This time was different ;-) No worries! Once every year is allowed - twice and I'll start yelling and cursing again :twisted:
support@rootjazz

Post by support@rootjazz »

bitcoin wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:32 pm It was a glitch. The program couldn't do anything any longer. I had to force end it. I was doing as I'm doing always; nothing dramatic and I normally don't even notice the CPU impact. This time was different ;-) No worries! Once every year is allowed - twice and I'll start yelling and cursing again :twisted:
:lol: :D