Cannot Get Image Tweet to Repeat

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
kevshTO

Cannot Get Image Tweet to Repeat

Post by kevshTO »

Hi,

I've tried a few different ways but cannot get TD to repeat an image tweet later the same day. What I'm basically trying to do is have TD post 2-4 images from a file list of images, 3 times per day, (roughly) 3 hours apart. It runs the first one at the specified time, then says "completed" and schedules for the next day.

Here are some of the settings from the config file in case its just a matter of how I have it set up. Note that I have this task set for a Daily Run in case that's not clear from this output:

Max Num:0
Num Threads:1
Pause Min:26
Pause Max:68
Num Max:3
Delete after hours:0
Delete After Minutes:0
RepeatEveryXHours:3
NumRepeatsTodo:0
RepeatEveryXMins:0
FluctuateRepeatEveryXMins:0
MaxDailyRepeatsAllowed:2
FluctuateMaxItemsTodo:1
Delete After:False
Alphabetical Order:False
Shared:False
Unique:True
:False
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Cannot Get Image Tweet to Repeat

Post by martin@rootjazz »

action logs would be helpful to know more. Otherwise I can only assume you specifed your action MAXITEMS to 1, or the account has daily limits set which is causing the action to stop early

HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

Thanks for the reply.
Specifically the action was "Post Images" for "Kristen" and ran this morning ~9am ET.

Logs submitted #46559
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

I don't see any issue in your logs:
15:56:52: * SUCCESS: (5) 4168905085 to Kristen***
15:56:52: Processed enough.... stopping...
06:29:18: * SUCCESS: (5) 727480187 to Kristen***
06:29:18: Processed enough.... stopping...
09:31:48: * SUCCESS: (3) 3836765189 to Kristen***
09:31:48: Processed enough.... stopping...

Perhaps I am not understanding your issue fully. If you can generate issue specific logs for me.

Please perform the following:

Open the program. Delete or pause all existing actions. If actions are already running due to autorun on startup, disable autorun at startup and restart the app. All actions must be waiting, then pause all (or delete)

Delete existing logs
HELP > LOGS > VIEW
delete all files in the folder that opens

Perform the action:
Run your repeating post tweet action that is causing your issues.
Let it run + repeat until the issue occurs
Submit logs

IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE: Do not perform other actions at the same time. Only use one thread. Do not run any actions after this action.

Then submit logs:
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

and let me know the LOGS ID (just the number part is sufficient)

Regards,
Martin
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

Thanks for the reply, I'm not sure what happened in that instance as those events did not show up in the processor (i.e. after one ran it showed the next day in Schedule). In any case I am seeing this happen over a few actions - mostly repeating actions that don't occur - including the original. So I scrubbed the logs for today but for the one I was watching, the action never started so no log files. I also noticed none of the actions I set up (incl. Post Images, Mass Retweet, Search Retweet actions) ever ran more than once.

(I'm also seeing actions mysteriously pause on their own, which wouldn't be a problem except they don't un-pause. Does this have something to do with scheduling the action to run more than once per day? If not, can you point out how it should look? I.e. is a new action created for, say, 4 hours later or does it stick to one? What should show in the Schedule column if so?)

In any case, I have a few set up repeating actions to run Monday and I'll monitor them then submit the logs as you suggested.
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

Logs submitted, ID: 4448

Okay, today a few repeating actions haven't run at all. Note in the attached screen shot the top 5 or so items should have run hours ago (I'm in ET, -5 GMT I believe where it's 16:28 right now). Some have fluctuating times but within ~90 mins., so most of these should have ran by now.

I'm not sure if a task that hasn't run will show up in the logs so I submitted whatever was created from this morning on.
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

One thing I meant to ask, when I specify Max Actions (Retweet) or # Max Upload, is that per action or is it cumulative over the day?

E.g. I set the Max to 5 and the action repeats twice. Will it attempt to retweet/upload 5 each time (15 for the day) or 5 overall.

This may explain a few things, at least as to why when actions are repeating they are stopping short of the desired amount. (I did check the daily limits for tweeting, etc. for each account and they aren't set)
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

Okay, I ran a repeating action today after deleting previous logs. The ID for the logs is 39334.

The action in question is a Search Retweet (account "Chery") scheduled to repeat every 6 hours.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

kevshTO wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:34 am Thanks for the reply, I'm not sure what happened in that instance as those events did not show up in the processor (i.e. after one ran it showed the next day in Schedule). In any case I am seeing this happen over a few actions - mostly repeating actions that don't occur - including the original. So I scrubbed the logs for today but for the one I was watching, the action never started so no log files. I also noticed none of the actions I set up (incl. Post Images, Mass Retweet, Search Retweet actions) ever ran more than once.

(I'm also seeing actions mysteriously pause on their own, which wouldn't be a problem except they don't un-pause.
To avoid confusion, can you post new issues to new threads.

When posting new issues: Please, read through this post and submit your issue accordingly. Not everything will be relevant to your issue, but have a read as it gives an idea of the information you can provide to help me help you as quickly as possible without delays in having to request additional information :)

https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1634
Does this have something to do with scheduling the action to run more than once per day? If not, can you point out how it should look? I.e. is a new action created for, say, 4 hours later or does it stick to one? What should show in the Schedule column if so?)
without more information I cannot say. I would need to know exactly how the action was created, what happened when it ran, and the app logs (basically all the things mentioned in the above mentioned "submitting an issue please include these" thread
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

kevshTO wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:30 pm Image

Logs submitted, ID: 4448

Okay, today a few repeating actions haven't run at all. Note in the attached screen shot the top 5 or so items should have run hours ago (I'm in ET, -5 GMT I believe where it's 16:28 right now). Some have fluctuating times but within ~90 mins., so most of these should have ran by now.

I'm not sure if a task that hasn't run will show up in the logs so I submitted whatever was created from this morning on.
from the screen shot it looks like you need to click the RUN button, that the processor isn't on. The button should be greyed out and the PAUSE button displayed when the processing is ON