Cannot Get Image Tweet to Repeat

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Cannot Get Image Tweet to Repeat

Post by martin@rootjazz »

kevshTO wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:30 pm One thing I meant to ask, when I specify Max Actions (Retweet) or # Max Upload, is that per action or is it cumulative over the day?
action settings are action specific. To set account DAILY LIMITS, double click the account and you should see the account specific daily limit controls
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

so back to the issue in this thread: Repeat Post Images.

From your logs, I still don't see any issue.

12:19:08: * SUCCESS: (3) <id>to <name>
12:19:08: Processed enough.... stopping...
12:19:08: Repeat action: daily runner: 13:30
12:19:08: Fluctuate wait: 87
12:19:08: Random fluctuate: 87
12:19:08: Next Daily runnner: After Fluctuated 2017-11-20 2:55 PM

Can you perform the following actions:

Clear existing logs
HELP > LOGS > VIEW > delete all files in the folder
Remove all existing actions, do not include / run ANY other actions

1) create your POST IMAGE TWEETS action and take a screen shot of this screen before you create the action.
Also detail to me what you expect to happen:
How many images it should post
The repeating you expect to happen

2) run the action

3) Print screen the processing tab

4) submit logs
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

Then clearly detail the issue you are having. Annotate screenshots where relevant, explain what happened and why that is not what expected and what you DID expect.

Currently I am still not sure if there is a bug, or just a misunderstanding of what should happen, or whether I am just not seing what is in front me.
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

Log ID:35512

Screen shot of creating Image Post for Glory account (Set to run Daily at 11:45, fluctuate 53 mins., repeat after 6 hours, 2 repeats)

Processor after completion - Note that the next Glory Post Images action is set to Nov. 26th, not later today. You can also see the Chery Post Image action, which is also set to repeat 6 hours later is set to repeat at 12:42, an hour after the original action.

So the problem is 1) The action is repeating too soon or 2) not repeating at all. I will monitor again today and see if the Chery Post Images action runs a third time (as it should with the # of repeats set to 2).
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok I understand. It is because you have specified DAILY RUNNER. That is a once a day again. Run daily at this time.

so you set the action to 10:00, it will run at 10:00 today, then reschedule for tomorrow at 10:00.

Repeats do NOT apply to the daily runner action. Probably those controls should become invisible when daily runner is selected to make that clear.

Sorry for any confusion
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

Thanks for the reply and my fault for not noting the daily runner earlier, I just assumed it would run the action as well as repeats each day.

So my next question is, based on what I am trying to do (e.g. run at 10:10, 16:00 and 22:00, with fluctuations, each day) how do I set that up (using the Image Post action as an example)?
support@rootjazz

Post by support@rootjazz »

kevshTO wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:42 pm Thanks for the reply and my fault for not noting the daily runner earlier, I just assumed it would run the action as well as repeats each day.

So my next question is, based on what I am trying to do (e.g. run at 10:10, 16:00 and 22:00, with fluctuations, each day) how do I set that up (using the Image Post action as an example)?
Please see the screen shot.

Aafter setting up all the mandatory fields ( images add / interval / max item etc.)

Click on daily run at

Set the time and create 3 action with different time ( You said above)