accounts mass update to 280 chars

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
rt2

Re: accounts mass update to 280 chars

Post by rt2 »

bitcoin wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:23 pm Weird, mass update worked for me
I wonder why its not working, I repeated the same steps many times but still the same results

hope Martin will double check this and fix it if needed

Regards.
support@rootjazz

Post by support@rootjazz »

rt2 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:06 am
I wonder why its not working, I repeated the same steps many times but still the same results

Regards.
I have reported it and this feature some how not working for some people. But, you can double click on each account and set the Char limit untill it is fixed finally.

:)
rt2

Post by rt2 »

support@rootjazz wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:23 am

Regards.
I have reported it and this feature some how not working for some people. But, you can double click on each account and set the Char limit untill it is fixed finally.

right, but its hard for me to go thru hundreds of accounts one by one

Regards
support@rootjazz

rt2 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:07 pm
support@rootjazz wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:23 am

Regards.

right, but its hard for me to go thru hundreds of accounts one by one

Regards
We have to wait then :( . Actually, this is really strange problem.
mrbock

Post by mrbock »

Hi guys,

I actually did the same thing and after doing the "bulk update max tweet length" it actually started doing 280 characters when posting as seen on the live log.
Max length: 280
Checking tweet length: max: 280 : tweet: 5 Influencer Marketing Strategies That Need To Die (And What You Should Do Instead) http://bit.ly/2i78Fj0
Posting tweet: 5 Influencer Marketing Strategies That Need To Die (And What You Should Do Instead) http://bit.ly/2i78Fj0
However, when I go to the "show optional advance" after double clicking the account, it still shows 140 characters max. Could it be just a cosmetic thing? As the logs show, it is checking the right way.

Just my 2 cents

mrbock
support@rootjazz

mrbock wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:41 pm Hi guys,

I actually did the same thing and after doing the "bulk update max tweet length" it actually started doing 280 characters when posting as seen on the live log.
Checking tweet length: max: 280 : tweet: 5 Influencer Marketing Strategies That Need To Die (And What You Should Do Instead) http://bit.ly/2i78Fj0
Posting tweet: 5 Influencer Marketing Strategies That Need To Die (And What You Should Do Instead) http://bit.ly/2i78Fj0
However, when I go to the "show optional advance" after double clicking the account, it still shows 140 characters max. Could it be just a cosmetic thing? As the logs show, it is checking the right way.

Just my 2 cents

mrbock
Are you in the latest version? If not, lease update to the latest version and i have just checked it. Nothing like that is happening. Just showing the 280 value in that place.
mrbock

Post by mrbock »

Yes, I do have the latest version 1.3.7.3.

It is no big deal for me, I just have one account at the moment. I just manually changed it in "show optional advance" to 280.

To me it was not a problem, I just mentioned it because the OP claimed that in "show optional advance" it was still as 140. My idea was for him to actually check the logs after doing the mass update by right clicking on the accounts to see if it actually updated. Only that.
support@rootjazz

mrbock wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:00 pm Yes, I do have the latest version 1.3.7.3.

It is no big deal for me, I just have one account at the moment. I just manually changed it in "show optional advance" to 280.

To me it was not a problem, I just mentioned it because the OP claimed that in "show optional advance" it was still as 140. My idea was for him to actually check the logs after doing the mass update by right clicking on the accounts to see if it actually updated. Only that.
I am afraid that something is wrong with that function. But, it is working fine for me. Hope OP updated to the latest and got it fixed.
Do you have another machine? If yes, can you please check on that machine if the problem persists or not?

Regards
rt2

Post by rt2 »

Hi

just to confirm this issue is fixed in 1.373

Thanks Martin

Regards
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »