Time Period vs Daily Run At question (Tweet from File)

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
bitcoin

Time Period vs Daily Run At question (Tweet from File)

Post by bitcoin »

If I select time period "1 Month", do I still need to set Daily Run At?

I need 1 tweet per day (randomized time) from a file. I set the random interval between 800 and 86000 seconds (= approx. 1 day).

I want to run this promo for exactly 1 month. Will Daily Run At be needed? And what would happen if I keep it enabled together with 1 Month?

Or do these options have nothing to do with each other and will Time Period only cancel the Action after xx time has passed?

bitcoin

Re: Time Period vs Daily Run At question (Tweet from File)

Post by bitcoin »

And follow up question: if I set randomization for Tweet from File, that randomization time only will be determined after the Action's initial run.

With only 1 tweet max per day, that kinda is senseless, no? SO how would I achieve a random time each day? I want to expose that daily tweet to all timezones in the next month.

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

bitcoin wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:13 am If I select time period "1 Month", do I still need to set Daily Run At?
All time period does is set the MIN MAX PAUSE for you.

So if you specify you want 1000 results, the program just works out how many seconds you need to pause between items to limit to 1000 items in that month

It does not effect daily runner at all
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

bitcoin wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:22 am And follow up question: if I set randomization for Tweet from File, that randomization time only will be determined after the Action's initial run.
the RANDOM ORDER option, will randomise the file contents, it will not randomise time
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:06 pm
bitcoin wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:22 am And follow up question: if I set randomization for Tweet from File, that randomization time only will be determined after the Action's initial run.
the RANDOM ORDER option, will randomise the file contents, it will not randomise time
SIgh... Random in time interval... You know the min & max seconds. See screenshots please.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:05 pm
bitcoin wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:13 am If I select time period "1 Month", do I still need to set Daily Run At?
All time period does is set the MIN MAX PAUSE for you.

So if you specify you want 1000 results, the program just works out how many seconds you need to pause between items to limit to 1000 items in that month

It does not effect daily runner at all
And how to get that min max pause BEFORE executing? Instead after the first run? So I can randomize through the day with 1 tweet daily.
support@rootjazz

Post by support@rootjazz »

bitcoin wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:07 pm
SIgh... Random in time interval... You know the min & max seconds. See screenshots please.
Hi,

Why don't you run the action after setting time period 1 month, repeat every 24 hr, min seconds 800 max 2400 ? Post from file - Random order.
I think this setting will post a tweet from file for 1 month after every 24 hours and between 2400 -800 seconds.I hope you needed this one?

Honestly you will learn better if you try yourself.
If that time period doesnot work for you, use daily runner , name that action something cool, remove the action after 1 month.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

bitcoin wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:07 pm
:-) oh "Random Pause", why didn't you say :-p

Unless I am remembering wrong, which is possible, the min:max works as it always does, process an item, random pause.

Code: Select all

Load 10 items from file
process item1: random pause
process item2: random pause
process item10: random pause
repeat
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

yes, but ideally it would start with the pause (after it's started on schedule) only to perform the first action once the pause is done.

THat way, a single random tweet each day is easy to achieve :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

If you want a fluctuation on the start, can you not achieve that with a random start fluct setting for the action?