Unable to mass unfollow

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
mtwx

Unable to mass unfollow

Post by mtwx »

Hi, this problem arose 2 days ago and I'm a little stumped.

When attempting to mass unfollow with both "Do not unfollow if following you" and "Only unfollow if followed by bot (set at 5 days)" ticked I am getting error messages and job cancels itself after 11 failed attempts.

The error in the log file: (Removed ids for privacy)

Code: Select all

ERROR absproc: https://api.twitter.com/1.1/friendships/show.json?source_id=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&target_id=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX web request failed.
Any ideas? I'm using the up to date current stable release.

Thanks
support@rootjazz

Re: Unable to mass unfollow

Post by support@rootjazz »

mtwx wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:44 am Hi, this problem arose 2 days ago and I'm a little stumped.

When attempting to mass unfollow with both "Do not unfollow if following you" and "Only unfollow if followed by bot (set at 5 days)" ticked I am getting error messages and job cancels itself after 11 failed attempts.

The error in the log file: (Removed ids for privacy)

Code: Select all

ERROR absproc: https://api.twitter.com/1.1/friendships/show.json?source_id=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&target_id=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX web request failed.
Any ideas? I'm using the up to date current stable release.

Thanks
Please submit log and post the ID here . It will be helpful to resolve your problem. :)
mtwx

Post by mtwx »

I have submitted the logs

logs_89025 1.3.6.6_Twitterdub

log.20171105.searchunfollow_55b188f8-e0bc-440e-93d9-741db999f711.log

I hope that is sufficient. Thanks
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

the web requests are failing.

Are you able to perform any other actions? Or do just unfollow actions fail?
mtwx

Post by mtwx »

Hi Martin,

Yes the account is happily tweeting and liking fine, just unfollows are failing.

The account is at the 5k followings limit currently, could this be related?
mtwx

Post by mtwx »

Actually scrap that, another account is showing the same problem with no where near 5k.
mtwx

Post by mtwx »

Ok a little progress. I just tested running the action but without "Only Unfollow if Followed by Bot" ticked and it successfully completed the action.

Only problem with doing that is I assume its picking my most recently followed users and thus they may not notice me following them before I remove them?
support@rootjazz

mtwx wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:07 pm Ok a little progress. I just tested running the action but without "Only Unfollow if Followed by Bot" ticked and it successfully completed the action.

Only problem with doing that is I assume its picking my most recently followed users and thus they may not notice me following them before I remove them?
Hi,

Unfollow is working fine here.

If you want to unfollow without any condition - just set the number of unfollow ( #unfollow field ) and hit unfollow
If you want to unfollow those who are followed by bot - then check the "only unfollow if followed by bot"
If you want to unfollow and check who are following you not unfollow them , just check "do not unfollow if following you"

Currently all 3 are working fine here.Yes the bot gets first available people and unfollows them.
For you the request is failing somehow - actually this is not bot problem, i see .Can you perform all the other actions? Without problem ?
mtwx

Post by mtwx »

Ok I rebooted the server and the issue is fixed, not sure what it could have been, perhaps a caching issue or DNS problem.

Anyway thanks for looking in to it.
support@rootjazz

mtwx wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:44 pm Ok I rebooted the server and the issue is fixed, not sure what it could have been, perhaps a caching issue or DNS problem.

Anyway thanks for looking in to it.
Welcome :)