Following Likers and Retweeters of a User's tweets

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
hencco

Following Likers and Retweeters of a User's tweets

Post by hencco »

Hi, new user here. I've been trying to do the below with a custom search in the Follow Tab using a list

follow the users who like/RT/reply to @BBCR1's recent tweets (,
then follow users who like/RT/reply to @eminem's recent tweets,
then follow users who like/RT/reply to @linkinpark's recent tweets
and so on down a list of accounts that i choose
then check again for new tweets from this whole list again over and over

so far i think i've been able to get as far as following engagers of @BBCR1's most recent SINGLE tweet.. how do i start following the engagers in the NEXT most recent tweet, and then move on to the next account?

is my custom search TXT list in the wrong format? right now it's like this: BBCR1 <newline> Eminem <newline> Linkinpark <newline> etc.. etc.. each @ handle separated by a new line

secondly, as i'm sure you know, Recent Tweets from something like twitter.com/BBCR1 VS twitter.com/BBCR1/with_replies are different... is it possible to SKIP the Recent Tweets which are @ responses? A tweet from a famous account will have thousands of engagers VS an @ response from the same famous account, which will often have significantly less engagement, often single digits, because it's hidden away... would prefer not to deal with those @ responses

log file submitted is logs_61084
1.3.5.5_Twitterdub
support@rootjazz

Re: Following Likers and Retweeters of a User's tweets

Post by support@rootjazz »

hencco wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:17 am Hi, new user here. I've been trying to do the below with a custom search in the Follow Tab using a list

follow the users who like/RT/reply to @BBCR1's recent tweets (,
then follow users who like/RT/reply to @eminem's recent tweets,
then follow users who like/RT/reply to @linkinpark's recent tweets
and so on down a list of accounts that i choose
then check again for new tweets from this whole list again over and over

so far i think i've been able to get as far as following engagers of @BBCR1's most recent SINGLE tweet.. how do i start following the engagers in the NEXT most recent tweet, and then move on to the next account?

is my custom search TXT list in the wrong format? right now it's like this: BBCR1 <newline> Eminem <newline> Linkinpark <newline> etc.. etc.. each @ handle separated by a new line
hello
to do so , you need to specify the usernames in the text file line by line format
if you want to run this action after x hour mention set that via repeat every hour
also set how many to follow at once per tweet interaction ( for each username different action will be created so please specify)
set custom search: latesttweetof > tweet interaction

here is the screenshot that may help you

for 2nd question - admin will reply you with proper solution :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Check the FILTER option, there should be something for ORIGINAL TWEETS which should do what you want
hencco

Post by hencco »

@support

thank you. these settings to have worked. BUT THERE'S A NEW PROBLEM-- now it's following over 200 accounts in 2 minutes and i'm afraid i will get banned. what is the proper setting so that you don't follow more than the rate limit every hour? I have random pause set to 8 to 9 seconds (like your screenshot) but clearly it does not seem like it is pausing for 8 seconds between Follow actions

do you set this in Max actions = 40 follows (per 1 hr)? Or do you set this by double clicking in TweetInteractions from the Custom Search?

@martin

i have some trouble finding the ORIGINAL TWEETS filter. where do you select ORIGINAL TWEETS?
support@rootjazz

hencco wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:57 am @support

thank you. these settings to have worked. BUT THERE'S A NEW PROBLEM-- now it's following over 200 accounts in 2 minutes and i'm afraid i will get banned. what is the proper setting so that you don't follow more than the rate limit every hour? I have random pause set to 8 to 9 seconds (like your screenshot) but clearly it does not seem like it is pausing for 8 seconds between Follow actions

do you set this in Max actions = 40 follows (per 1 hr)? Or do you set this by double clicking in TweetInteractions from the Custom Search?

@martin

i have some trouble finding the ORIGINAL TWEETS filter. where do you select ORIGINAL TWEETS?

Hey,

To follow interactions of 1 accounts latest tweet - you need to follow below step

GOTO FOLLOW TAB
CLICK CUSTOM SEARCH
BUILD A CUSTOM SEARCH LIKE THE SCREEN SHOT ABOVE
FILL THE URL OR USERNAME OF THE ACCOUNT FROM WHICH YOU WANT TO PERFORM YOUR ACTION /OR FILEPATH/OR URL
SET MAX - MIN TIME INTERVAL ( YOU SAID 8-9 SECONDS )
IF YOU WANT TO REPEAT HOUR - SPEICFY THAT NUMBER ( example: i want to run every 1 hour - put 1 )
SET MAX ACTION NUMBER ( how many people will be followed at a time from the interaction list, you said it was 200 at a time, see i set 400 just for demo, set the bumber what you prefer. )
SET FLUCTUATE NUMBER ( you want to follow 50 people every one hour? no ? set 5 0r 7 - the bot will add or remove any number from 50 - better random follow number )

FOR finding ORIGINAL TWEET always look for " tweet filter" button.You can see in LIKE tab.If you click on teet filter button, you can see more options, which may help youl!

Regards,
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

I know this is an older thread but it raises a question based on the example you provided: If I use a list of users to get their followers/followings, etc. TD creates an action for each user in the file and then schedules them to run at the same time (though in practice it will run the first one, then the next and so on).

I'm hoping I'm just setting it up wrong (I followed your instructions here to keep it simple) but is there a way to set it up so that TD will select a random user from the list each time the action is scheduled? So, for example, If my list has ten users in it the first time it runs it randomly grabs the 4th user in the list, after that maybe the 10th and so on instead of setting up an action for each user in the list?

Second, If that isn't possible, is there a way to set this action so that it doesn't create a separate action for each user in the file - or at least, not have them all run concurrently? Otherwise, I'll have the same account scraping followers/followings from the same target account each day (incl. fluctuation), then log off, log in again, repeat with the 2nd account and so on. Not at all what I'd want for the appearance of randomness in following users :)

Hope my question/scenario is clear.
support@rootjazz

Second, If that isn't possible, is there a way to set this action so that it doesn't create a separate action for each user in the file - or at least, not have them all run concurrently? Otherwise, I'll have the same account scraping followers/followings from the same target account each day (incl. fluctuation), then log off, log in again, repeat with the 2nd account and so on. Not at all what I'd want for the appearance of randomness in following users :)
I got your point. you were good at explanation. There is no feature like that yet, but let me help you by suggesting a different way by which you can achieve that thing.

Just create 8 follow action. As you said each username creates 1 action.
Now goto processor tab
Select all the actions and right click
Click randomise.

This way the follow process will be different, not like before.

Please let me know if this helped you or not. Also i have reported your idea to martin. He will look into it. :)

Regards
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Please correct me if I have misunderstood.

You have a list of PROFILES.
You want to scrape the followers from each of the profiles in this list and following X amount.

The problem is, when you run this currently, you get one action per line of your file and then you have multiple actions running at once.

If you go to the SETTINGS tab, you can specify SINGLE ACTION PER ACCOUNT mode, meaning an account will only process one action at a time (to avoid processing multiple actions at once)

Another way, to process from a list to a SINGLE action, is to scrape the followings off first and save all the results to a file. Then, you can select FROM FILE from the search drop down and specify the path of your file. The action will then process the contents of the file.