wtf: long lived option in Tweets Tab

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
bitcoin

wtf: long lived option in Tweets Tab

Post by bitcoin »

I still don't really get why we need the long lived option here (and the option isn't to be found anywhere else), but I gave it a shot.

All looks good but once I run the action with the 'long-lived' option enabled, the Action just starts bombarding all my accounts with a constant stream of tweets. All max vars, randomized time intervals etc. seem to get ignored.

Is this what the option is supposed to do? I hope my twitter accounts survive the bombardment of the same 2 tweets :)
bitcoin

Re: wtf: long lived option in Tweets Tab

Post by bitcoin »

Weird, a second Action Tweet (from File) does as it is supposed to do...

Code: Select all

This is a LONG LIVED process. Meaning the file will be processed, then as soon as it is finished processing, the file will be re-read and processed again, the action will not end
It makes a tweet, waits a while and goes on to the next account. Just as it is supposed to be.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

bitcoin wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:36 pm I still don't really get why we need the long lived option here (and the option isn't to be found anywhere else), but I gave it a shot.
someone asked if the program had a feature, it didn't, they said they would buy it if it did, it sounded like a good feature, it was added in 5 minutes. I made $77 for 5 minutes work. That is why the feature is there.

It is a watch text file and post when updated. Some use it, some don't.
All looks good but once I run the action with the 'long-lived' option enabled, the Action just starts bombarding all my accounts with a constant stream of tweets. All max vars, randomized time intervals etc. seem to get ignored.

Is this what the option is supposed to do?
Probably not, tbh don't exactly remember besides it watches a file. I'll check...
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

you specify a list of tweets. The program posts all tweets in file, then on completion of file, starts from start again.

If you specify UNIQUE, it doesn't make much sense to use this feature or if you specify just a few tweets.

But the min:max pause is working for me.

the idea is you load up 100+ tweets with your pause and the program posts them then repeats until the file is updated.