Follow problem

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Bartekef

Follow problem

Post by Bartekef »

Hey
I try to follow followers on some profile, but that what it gives me when attempting to follow some:

* ERROR: verify action: Forbidden - The request is understood, but it has been refused or access is not allowed. An accompanying error message will explain why. This code is used when requests are being denied due to update limits.
* ERROR Info: You've already requested to follow <username>.

After 10 unsuccessful attempts it just stops.

What does it mean? Do you need to request to follow someone? There was an twitter update or what?

This happens today, after I installed recent version of TwitterDUB.

So maybe you could fix that by adding option to not cancel action after 10 fail attempts, like u did for direct messaging lately?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Follow problem

Post by martin@rootjazz »

you have requested to follow this user, they haven't accepted, so you cannot request follow them again.
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

VVVV
Last edited by Bartekef on Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:09 pm you have requested to follow this user, they haven't accepted, so you cannot request follow them again.
I didn't know there is such option though. Is this something new? I've never had anything like this before.

So, now, how to overcome that? I still want to follow followers of someone, but I can't because it gives me '10 failed attempts' and stops the action.

I've checked ' stop search if find prev processed item' but it doesn't solve that.

Could you add option to not cancel after 10 failed attempts, or maybe to not process already processed items?
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Isn't it a TrueTwit authentication problem? Have you checked your DMs with a follow-do-captcha request?
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

bitcoin wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:42 pm Isn't it a TrueTwit authentication problem? Have you checked your DMs with a follow-do-captcha request?
It isn't, I know what you refer to. I just have some errors, and it fails after 10 attepmts. If I could just run it over those 10 failed attempts, it would work I guess. Could be problematic if hit limits and look like automated action, but I never had the problem with follow's so I could even risk with that.
Now I must have stopped everything until Martin found a solution. But I'm sure he will :D

I will try to submit logs in the morning.
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

LOGS: 49861
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Bartekef wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:36 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:09 pm you have requested to follow this user, they haven't accepted, so you cannot request follow them again.
I didn't know there is such option though. Is this something new? I've never had anything like this before.
I don't know, I don't use twitter. I am assuming that is what it is.

The error message from twitter says you have "requested" to follow, it didn't say "you are following". The API endpoint has "requested" status, IIRC, so I assumed there is some kind of privacy setting that means you can request, and then have to wait for authorisation, in that time your follow is in limbo (it works like this on other sites)

So, now, how to overcome that? I still want to follow followers of someone, but I can't because it gives me '10 failed attempts' and stops the action.
I am guessing when you try and follow a user with this status, the follow doesn't return success so the program doesn't record it. Let me see if I can detect it before attempting to avoid the 10 fails...
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

Yes what I do is following someone who has 5k followers. So I follow once, 900 followers, the first day. The second day I want to follow next 900 followers but I can't, because it fails 10 times on those who I request to follow and well, can't do follow action any further.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

next update will check for request sent before attempting to follow