Tweet gets cut short? Tweet Images

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
bitcoin

Tweet gets cut short? Tweet Images

Post by bitcoin »

I got this tweeted... It's not correct. There should be more in the tweet body :/

Code: Select all

Posting: 1 images
Post: C:\Users\Bad Robot\OneDrive\TwitterDub\DATA\CIF\WhitePaper Promo Mostly\Images\5.jpg
Process image: C:\Users\Bad Robot\OneDrive\TwitterDub\DATA\CIF\WhitePaper Promo Mostly\Images\5.jpg
Preprocess image: 5.jpg
Add image to tweet: 5.jpg using tmp path: C:\Users\Bad Robot\AppData\Local\Temp\JH770qeJx.jpg
Added image to tweet: 5.jpg
PreTokens: $CIF Bus Pay: the goal is not only to incent businesses to use cryptocurrency, but reward them for doing so!<br><br>https://goo.gl/BL7YPG

#ICO #bitcoin
PostTokens: $CIF Bus Pay: the goal is not only to incent businesses to use cryptocurrency, but reward them for doing so!<br><br>https://goo.gl/BL7YPG

#ICO #bitcoin
Too long: 150
Snipped to: (104): $CIF Bus Pay: the goal is not only to incent businesses to use cryptocurrency, but reward them for doing
Posting tweet: $CIF Bus Pay: the goal is not only to incent businesses to use cryptocurrency, but reward them for doing
*SUCCESS: Tweet: $CIF Bus Pay: the goal is not only to incent businesses to use cryptocurrency, but reward them for doing https://t.co/hfbupDguJq
* SUCCESS: (1)
so... ;p What's wrong with the Post Images action here?

LOGS: 84760
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Tweet gets cut short? Tweet Images

Post by martin@rootjazz »

images use some of the tweet char length
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

That's new. How many characters? And wasn't TD now supposed to fully skip those incomplete tweets? I remember something about that... ;-)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

bitcoin wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:45 pm That's new. How many characters? And wasn't TD now supposed to fully skip those incomplete tweets? I remember something about that... ;-)
always been like that. IIRC, an image reduces the char count by 20, so the limit is 120
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

I think you're twitter is getting a bit rusty... Images do not count towards tweet length any longer...
Same for the people @usernames when you reply to ppl. So you can still reply a full 140 characters tweet while replying to 20 @accounts...

So kindly look into this? :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

they changed it, I wish twitter would tell me...

will update the image routine counter reducer for next update
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

actually that code has already been removed, seems like I did know about it :)

so what's the problem. The tweet body was about 130 chars, what should it have been?
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:04 pm they changed it, I wish twitter would tell me...

Yeah... I wished Twitter would send me DMs when they start to think I'm pushing ppl's nerves (and with what) instead of suppressing impressions... ;-(
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

just saw you posted logs in OP, checking those
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

bitcoin wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:13 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:04 pm they changed it, I wish twitter would tell me...

Yeah... I wished Twitter would send me DMs when they start to think I'm pushing ppl's nerves (and with what) instead of suppressing impressions... ;-(
I cannot help you with twitter, but I can let you know when you're pushing my nerves (like when I do a quick once over of the support forum at 18:00 on a Friday when am about to go to the pub and see 15+ new posts in the Twitter forum and 15+ of those are yours :evil:

lol