Tweet gets cut short? Tweet Images

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Tweet gets cut short? Tweet Images

Post by martin@rootjazz »

bitcoin wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:08 pm Wherever I look, I see it failing :/

I have the best example yet: Here the original tweet has 0 free characters. BUT because TD adds keywords, the tweet is too long...
Why is TD adding keywords? Are you saying the program is falsely adding keywords, or that you have told it to via tokens?

Yet in my tweet file it is exactly right! Also, there are NO <br><br> statements at the end of that tweet in the file... My tweet end right after the goo.gl link... But:
if you tweet is exactly correct 140, but you have specified auto insert tokens, then it isn't exactly right...

If you don't want auto inserted keywords, don't use that feature and just build your tweets exactly as you want and the program will not add the tags.

The <br><br> tags is just how they are tacked on the end of the tweet body. But you don't have to use them...

* ERROR: verify action: Forbidden - The request is understood, but it has been refused or access is not allowed. An accompanying error message will explain why. This code is used when requests are being denied due to update limits.
* ERROR Info: Status is over 140 characters.
that said the program should detect you are over the 140 before posting. You haven't changed the default posting char limit for this account for 280 by any chance?
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Sigh - Martin, do I write so complicated or why are you always missing what I'm saying? :(

TD %kw% statements, yes, with the Tweet Images

You told me once that IF I add too many %kw% statements to a tweet, TD would be smart enough to detect that and remove 1 or more %kw% statements until the tweet would fit again. Even if that meant that only 0 %kw% statements can be used.

IF my tweet is exactly 140 characters, obviously no more %kw%'s will fit. But my tweet should remain complete. It will not. It gets mangled and abused in a horrible, horrible manner! :( Just look at all the tweets I posted where tweets get cut short because somehow your strip function does crazy sheit... Which I don't get - looks like a basic enough function... Take original tweet body, add xxxx %kw% and remove from right to left all added %kw% until the tweet is max. 140 characters again. Currently, TD does a lot of things but not this.

So me right, TD wrong.

How can <br><br> / newlines end up in the tweet when they are *not* in my tweets.txt imput file?

And yes, my tweet max char length was set to 280 - I can set it back to 140 but I'm pretty sure I'll still see some of my poor tweets being mangled (Tweet Images; input scripted tweets.txt)
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

ANother example:

Code: Select all

PreTokens: You can get 5% free $CIF if you use my code "CIF22338" here btc.みんな/CIF_Affiliate_Program<br><br>♥ #bitcoin #altcoin #blockchain #business #retail #ICO
PostTokens: You can get 5% free $CIF if you use my code "CIF22338" here btc.みんな/CIF_Affiliate_Program<br><br>♥ #bitcoin #altcoin #blockchain #business #retail #ICO
Too long: 145
Snipped to: (140): You can get 5% free $CIF if you use my code "CIF22338" here btc.みんな/CIF_Affiliate_Program

♥ #bitcoin #altcoin #blockchain #business #retail
Posting tweet: You can get 5% free $CIF if you use my code "CIF22338" here btc.みんな/CIF_Affiliate_Program

♥ #bitcoin #altcoin #blockchain #business #retail
*SUCCESS: Tweet: You can get 5% free $CIF if you use my code "CIF22338" here https://t.co/xbyqXdrCu5

♥ #bitcoin #altcoin… https://t.co/Fpum4yKlJo
* SUCCESS: (1) 1358463925
If I put PreTokens in twitter:

Tweet end result: https://twitter.com/ICO_PCA/status/920088600653508609

No %kw% statements were used... And #ICO got dropped from the tweet
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Hmm... It also looks like TD does not like the Japanese character count, even when in an URL, huh? :( Which is SHEIT because it means I have to rewrite >100 tweets ;-(

Or is there a problem with TD & parsing <br><br> correctly...? They *are* counted as 1 + 1 (EOL) character, right? Right??

Look at this tweet: there's a 150 character count here!!

Code: Select all

PreTokens: Only a finite amount of $CIF will be created for qualified businesses: the value will rise as supply is controlled<br><br>((bitly-rand)https://goo.gl/Q9Wbck)
PostTokens: Only a finite amount of $CIF will be created for qualified businesses: the value will rise as supply is controlled<br><br>http://btc.みんな/2kS9z7K
Too long: 150
Snipped to: (115): Only a finite amount of $CIF will be created for qualified businesses: the value will rise as supply is controlled

Posting tweet: Only a finite amount of $CIF will be created for qualified businesses: the value will rise as supply is controlled

*SUCCESS: Tweet: Only a finite amount of $CIF will be created for qualified businesses: the value will rise as supply is controlled https://t.co/hU5CjAsst5
Last edited by bitcoin on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

PS: I really really need to know..

1. which tweets get cancelled (including the initial tweet body they start with at the very minimum)
2. which tweets get cut short (even if I don't use %kw%) (including the initial tweet body they start with at the very minimum)

I don't the logs are providing me with the answers I need here?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

improvements in length detection
1. which tweets get cancelled (including the initial tweet body they start with at the very minimum)
2. which tweets get cut short (even if I don't use %kw%) (including the initial tweet body they start with at the very minimum)

they should be logged out somewhere, let me find the location and get back to you
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

should be logged to your HELP > SAVED directory, filename: failed_tweets.txt
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:44 pm should be logged to your HELP > SAVED directory, filename: failed_tweets.txt
Thanks, it does not look it also stores tweets that got cut short?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

bitcoin wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:31 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:44 pm should be logged to your HELP > SAVED directory, filename: failed_tweets.txt
Thanks, it does not look it also stores tweets that got cut short?
No it doesn't, sorry, tired not reading questions correctly. Will add that as well for nextupdate
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

next update will write reduced length tweets to saved dir: reduced_length_tweets.txt