Anyone else noticing twitter impressions going to zero or just a fraction of what it should be?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
faxnet

Re: Anyone else noticing twitter impressions going to zero or just a fraction of what it should be?

Post by faxnet »

Thanks for all your testings and I am glad to see that things are getting back to normal for you.

I wouldn't expect twitter to punish you because you replied to a lot of comments manually. It doesn't make sense but we never know.

I would suggest you to go slow with your tweets. Looking at your graphs I see that sometimes you post 500 tweets in a day for not that link clicks. Maybe you have a good conversion rate so it is profitable. You focus a lot on impressions but at the end of day you want people to click on your links and sign up or something like that so that you make money. ALthough it is not the same niche, I get more link clicks with a lot less tweets. With 10-15 tweets per day I can get 200 000 impressions with around 1% link clicks so 2000. So I would recommend you to do some tests by posting less. Sometimes less is better. Also you get almost the same number of likes as link clicks (and half the number of retweets) which is weird if you don't use other accounts to like/retweet your own stuff. It means many people like/retweet without clicking on the link?

I found the account you are posting about (no worries, I am not in this niche, not going to compete with you) and I realize almost (or all) of your tweets contains a link. Is twitter okay with that? I realized when twitter ghostban one of my account, when I stop posting links, the account is unghosted. Maybe the difference is that I was posting links to the same domain. When I use a different account to post the same link, it is not ghosted. In your case you post links to multiple domains so this could be a reason for twitter not ghostbanning you (although it did, maybe for different reasons though)

Also, with this number of followers, how many accounts can you follow safely every day? I see that you use the follow/followback method (maybe you don't unfollow because your followings is high too). Any advice on this will be appreciated :)

I am waiting for martin to implement the shared tweet from rss action so that I can do more testing with a lot more accounts. Will keep you updated.
bitcoin

Re: Anyone else noticing twitter impressions going to zero or just a fraction of what it should be?

Post by bitcoin »

There were a lot of replies involved... And now my numbers are even slightly better than before (>300k average looks like new number - it was 250k), I'm also suddenly confronted again with password resets and captchas. Last few weeks I had none of them and it started last night when I posted a link from my phone. Unlocked? Immediately another lock. Then I was away all day (after sleeping) and when I got home I quickly got locked out again. So it's either death by captcha or less impressions :(

First, I want to tweet *all* crypto news. Second, if I lower the amount of regular tweets, I only have promotional tweets: that will alienate a lot of my followers. I can tweet a lot of commercial tweets through the day IF I have WAAAAY more regular news-worthy items for ppl to stick around for. After 1 or 2 looks they know the project I'm promoting, so they don't want to be looking at just that.

Ratio Tweet Impressions / vs Retweet numbers. I have a subscription with RT Rank and it is easy to see. I can become about number 4000 (of 8M customer database) in retweet popularity IF I tweet less (just focus on the mainstream news and yeay! retweets!). And while I love such a high retweetrank.com, I like to be a news hub where ppl can spend their day browsing and stay up to date. I still haven't started retweeting yet... ;-) SO if I have to choose for my account, I'll choose quantity before retweeting :). I'm now between 8k / 12k in retweetrank. That works for me too : ) In the end, I also want to be a community service. Why? Just because I can :)

"It means many people like/retweet without clicking on the link?" - very well spotted. That is exactly right. Ppl often just scan the headlines and give a quick approval with a like. If I'm lucky a retweet too. A reply is quickly given too. With the tweet itself, they have no need to read more. They know all they need to know or ask / attack / love. It's a dynamic that slowly grew and I think it will be a pita to change that. Might take me another year before community is back to my old galore (I had weeks of 4M+ impressions).

I always posted links - as far as I know twitter has no problems with that. BUT if you use the same link over and over again... Martin will tell you what happens next ;p I now have a lot of custom btc.* domains which I use with bitly. That seems to do wonders. All randomized. I loose advertising the URL-name but might gain in curiosity clicks (I don't know this one yet, let's click). Time will tell :)

FollowLiker: follow 5 to 60 accounts with 400 to 600 max daily every 30 to 45 seconds 1 account. I think I can put the max daily total higher still.

Btw, my impression stats look more natural now. Sometimes an hour with a peak, sometimes an hour with less, then back to a semi-fixed amount again. The night still is cumbersome, but I changed my country to Global - I read somewhere that twitter times its impressions based on your country's time. Which would suck if it actually is so: testing this too...

Speak you soon! ;p
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

I had a short time of freedom and if felt so good!

Then the captchas appeared... And mentions of "automated behaviour", "suspect".

They have stopped after a few times, only to get replaced by limiting my free speech again ;-( It's not horrible, but not natural either and I feel cheated on.

I'm out of inspiration. With about 7? custom domains for my promos and all else I did or am doing - I just have to give up I'm afraid. I'm not going to post less if all I post is relevant.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Looks like Twitter is testing a new strategy... Today it was most obvious. With the ups and downs one would almost think I have organic traffic again.

But you can put a ruler next to the max'es and low's and you'll see... Nothing natural about it!

http://pp.screenshotlink.ru/v4660/178/VjnFZoPkLro.png
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

I had 2 news items yesterday that were kinda big for my community. So I got a huge spike in impressions. Funny thing is, such peaks should die naturally and slowly in the hours following up to those 2 tweets.

Yet all I get is this:

It feels sooooo natural and organic :(
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

I just had to follow up. Last few days and especially today were great when it comes to impressions. I could notice twitter was slowly releasing my account to the whole community but just now this happened... I was locked for 3 minutes before I started to unlock. And unlock again with a 3rd request to verify following that one. I did all that and then took a look at my impressions. All in all 8 minutes had passed since I got locked and unlocked, twice...

Don't tell me this isn't personal! :(

Nothing changed in my setup, no new promos added, no nothing than was different except for being popular. Sigh. 45 minutes left and current impression number is 19,500. Not horrible but NOT explainable AT ALL with 'just' natural impressions and traffic. BOO twitter!

Good night :)
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

An interesting German article on the practice of #shadowban'ning + a tool to check if your account has a shadow ban.

http://wp.shadowban.de (article)
http://tester.shadowban.de (test tool)

Clearly, impression stats like these are not natural:
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

You know Twitter always denies the practice of shadow banning? But we all know better? This undercover video has employees talk openly on what they are doing and why...

https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/stat ... 2044689408
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Not sure you are are aware:

As per the sticky, twitter has killed the public API, you must know request access. They will allow existing API KEYS to run "for now". They will kill these off in a few months, and if you want to use the api, you must ask twitter if you can get developer access, they will review each and every case!

I have been spending every waking hour since I found out about this, updating the program to work via the website and not the API. I hopeit will be ready for testing early next week. Tuesday / Wednesday most likely