Anyone else noticing twitter impressions going to zero or just a fraction of what it should be?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
bitcoin

Re: Anyone else noticing twitter impressions going to zero or just a fraction of what it should be?

Post by bitcoin »

More censorship: do NOT complain to @twitter @TwitterSupport about censorship. I don't think they like it... :(

So I really should just shut the fuck up huh? ;-( The world is SO ready for decentralized platforms... ;-(
bitcoin

Re: Anyone else noticing twitter impressions going to zero or just a fraction of what it should be?

Post by bitcoin »

It's like a science to twitter...

An hour ago I was at 18k something impressions already for the first hour (last bar). Math dictates then that 1 hour later my last bar should be >35k minimum.

BUT... I'm starting to understand Twitter's ways... I already expected twitter would NOT show me another 18k times in the hour to follow.

My guess was correct. I thought I'd get about 28k to make me average slightly higher on 26k in the second last 2-hour block. And I was almost right:

And 5 minutes later:

Apparently I did something bad again? Let's see what the next hour brings. Should be about 34k, right?
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

40 minutes ago I posted this text:
those evil bastards!! Big Orange was right all along about the thread of Tsjaaina!
This is my reward:
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Thank you Twitter! :(

those evil bastards!! Big Orange was right all along about the thread of Tsjaaina!
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

All natural or hard math?

bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Soon after getting back to the max twitter seems to allow me, things went bad real fast :/

Probable cause: TwitterDub or my RSS bot...

* ?I tweeted a few tweets with just "***"
* ?I restarted a lot of actions at the same time, some got restarted more often. Caused a lot of tweets about the same subject
* ?My custom RSS bot was posting (a lot of) duplicates. Once in a while the java script needs to stop and restart to fix this for the biggest part.

Last cause seems most probable... For now ;p

bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

I think I just surprised twitter. The last 50 minutes I gained only 200 more impressions :)

What happened? I added 3 youtube channels to my feeds. That added 45 new tweets (with some old stuff, true) with youtube videos. A few of them immediately got a few retweets and likes which led to the jump you see. I'll predict you what happens next... I'll drop below what I had before the spike OR it gradually continues in 3 hours where I left off before the jump.
Last edited by bitcoin on Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

For the last 20 minutes (when I first started looking), the last bar has been stuck on exactly that number! No extra impressions in 20 minutes. And I think after 1 hour (it's now 2) I already was close to this number... Twitter works SO hard to get their math stats right ;-(

Post-update: added some more YouTube videos (6 this time). Curious what the next hour will bring ;)
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Captain's log, twitterdate 20171029 ;p

I already mentioned I had the idea that twitter was hard-capping my impressions to keep their stats intact.

I took this screenshot at about 23:10:

We are now almost 45 minutes further, and this is the latest screenshot:

Do you see the difference? I can't. And yes, browser caches were refreshed too... This is *not* a browser problem. I went to a 2nd user account on my pc, refreshed my page there too and got the exact same number (with twitter still in the wrong timezone btw - DTS!)

I added a few more youtube channels (testing the impressions peak) but did not account for my RSS bot to experience that nasty bug of duplicates posting again. I have removed all duplicated, but I don't expect the next few hours are gonna be great :/ Again. Sigh.

These are my stats at 00:01:
Last bar jumped to 26k - might be just a DTS bug this time :/

Post update the next morning :(
faxnet

Post by faxnet »

To be honest, I am seeing lot of random results like that too.
Recently I started retweeting with my main accounts. I picked a special account and used my accounts with lot of followers to retweet this account stuff. Bad idea, all of my account with many followers got their impressions capped (divided by 5).

Also I got a few suspension and locked accounts without doing anything different so I think they are doing some changes on their sides and maybe don't even know what. AI is known to "think" by itself.

Now what I will do is instead of using few accounts to post my links, I will use all my accounts (hundreds to post), so if one is locked/suspended I don't care. I may get less impression this way but if I don't test I won't know