Anyone else noticing twitter impressions going to zero or just a fraction of what it should be?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
bitcoin

Re: Anyone else noticing twitter impressions going to zero or just a fraction of what it should be?

Post by bitcoin »

Refresh the page a few times: the image is there.

Slowly getting back to normal. I'll read what you wrote later tonight.
bitcoin

Re: Anyone else noticing twitter impressions going to zero or just a fraction of what it should be?

Post by bitcoin »

In my case it's clearly the Tweet Images function that kills my exposure. I keep some of them promos running a long time (but then again, I write a lot of tweets too; most of them with dynamic variations within). I think the following update will fix most of my problems here... viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5027&p=30497#p30497

As soon as I disabled most of my Tweet Images Actions, I had my numbers rising to almost normal. Then I enable one again (I forgot which one) and left for 2 hours...

I have now disabled all tweet image actions until the above feature update is done. Then I'll re-enable some of them slowly again (after checking if I have enough variation).
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

All Post Images were stopped yesterday evening because I saw my numbers slowly diminish again. No problem, stop the Post Images actions and see numbers grow, right?

Well, I went to bed and this is what I woke up with :(
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

have you tried twitter support?

you are using their API, which is allowed, you are not doing anything wrong. You are running a real account, not a spam account. They should not be penalizing you for doing things through their allowed mechanisms.

If you were spamming the mobile app / the website, then it could have a negative effect if they detected it, but through the API it is allowed. That is what it is for.

Contacting their support if you are doing things you shouldn't (website automation) but not a problem to contact them if you are doing things allowed.

You have done some AB testing to try and determine the exact cause?
Might help pinpoint
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:59 pm have you tried twitter support?

you are using their API, which is allowed, you are not doing anything wrong. You are running a real account, not a spam account. They should not be penalizing you for doing things through their allowed mechanisms.

If you were spamming the mobile app / the website, then it could have a negative effect if they detected it, but through the API it is allowed. That is what it is for.

Contacting their support if you are doing things you shouldn't (website automation) but not a problem to contact them if you are doing things allowed.

You have done some AB testing to try and determine the exact cause?
Might help pinpoint
I fully agree but up to now I never got a reply from their twitter. I'll do a serious effort to contact them, but I'm afraid I'm sheer out of luck.

I already disabled TD this morning. It did not help. I disabled Follow Liker. It made it worse. I'm now at the point that I'm gonna kill my RSS bot too - but than I'm not posting any news any longer :(

What is "AB Testing"??

It really looks like I'm not allowed to walk away from my PC. Also, twitter's stats jump up and down at times.

Look what I have now! :(

wtf... ;-( I'm totally getting destroyed here! I have 5 deals lined up and I cannot take them on :(
Last edited by bitcoin on Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

I don't think I changed anything, my RSS bot is still posting happily.

And look at Oct. 5th... zero tweets? Really?

bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

And numbers now almost back to normal... Last bar is 1 hour of 2 hour period total.

bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

It was quickly going back to normal-ish until I went to do something else for an hour. Still behind my pc, but not on twitter...

Guess what? :(
bitcoin

interesting read about shadow banning

Post by bitcoin »

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1595661765 ... on-twitter

PS: I also did the Am I shadow banned test - I wasn't shadow banned according to that service, but I know that that service is wrong. All my interactions are now from followers only. Hardly any exceptions. I'm struggling to get even 50% of my regular impression rates :(
The way Shadow Banning works and the reason why it appears to be targeted is why the CEO of Twitter is "technically" correct while also "bald face lying." You can see it now more than ever because they cranked up the algorithm. A tweet that says it has 50 replies but only shows 5 has a lot of shadow banned tweets.

So what happens? Twitter shadow bans you based on user reports, and it's "AI" learning what type of things get BLOCKED, or MUTED by other users. There have been several interesting studies on Democrats vs Republicans on when and why they block someone. Republicans and conservatives, in general, do not. Sure there will be some, but they don't block friends, or family for having a contrary opinion. Democrats, on the other hand, in general, do block for those reasons. I'll track down the study and edit this later.

If a disproportionate number of people who are Pro Global Warming block all their Global Warming Dissenting Friends then the "AI" will shadow ban Global Warming Dissent effectively censuring Dissent. Same for Pro Trump Users, and other Conservative positions.

As long as Republicans take the high road and respect other peoples opinions to dissent against them, they will be Censured as a "Favor."

Edit:
Link to info on the study http://disq.us/url?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffor ... id=3310394
I also got this reply when I requested for feedback about the shadow blocking...
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Slowly getting back to normal...

Only things done today are;
1. nothing , or
2. retweeting / DMing
3. unfollowing irrelevant accounts from 4.,
4. online service to retweet from followings (20 or 30 daily, max.)
5. Posting news through API bot from different sources