Anyone else noticing twitter impressions going to zero or just a fraction of what it should be?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
bitcoin

Re: Anyone else noticing twitter impressions going to zero or just a fraction of what it should be?

Post by bitcoin »

Can't see I really feel like firing up TD - the numbers just aren't convincing and now even below 200k again :/

I've re-tuned my news feeds just now once more - see if it gives a boost. If so, I'll start TD again.
bitcoin

Re: Anyone else noticing twitter impressions going to zero or just a fraction of what it should be?

Post by bitcoin »

Looks like the steady decline was as a result of changing some news sources (I had lots of duplicates and for some sources I have different formats and ways to get the info). Looks like it wasn't as pretty now so I brought it back to the old situation (minus the source that coused all duplicates).

Seems to work...

Finally time to start TD again ;-)
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

I enabled TD again and immediate saw my numbers going to half of what it should be... ;-(

Hardly anything got posted, but the results are there non the less.

While it was running I also replaced all URLs with goo.gl URLs, see if one of my URLs is at fault.

If not, back to AB Testing ;-(

And the same graph, 10 minutes later with another 2 hour block fully passed (so twitter's last bar is from the last hour, not the last 2 hours)... Graph:
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Yep, nothing but decline while I slept... I left the PC on this time, so my Remote Desktop connection remained active.

All my tweets are dynamic; I changed all URLs with new ones with goo.gl and still I get punished. There's just no reason for it :(
bitcoin

I finally seem to be back...!

Post by bitcoin »

So... Bitcoin... What happened you might ask?

I think it's a combination of factors with 1 root cause: a link twitter does NOT want to see anymore. Not even if you tweet it once! You'll get immediately ban symptoms. There is no reason for it though. I was posting that link 3 or 4 times per day (with 400 tweets per day... I can get away with that!). It was also a popular affiliate link: I got close to 80 signups with any pushing on my end - except for the few dynamic tweets I had running.

Solution is to stop using the link: try goo.gl link shortener. It seems to fool Twitter's AI enough.

I also still feel that twitter was basicly monitoring my activity (api/web emulation or real user). Whenever I went to bed things would change; usually for the worse. Even walking out during the day could be enough to get punished again.

Also, mass retweeting (by hand!) of 1 specific account might be frowned upon.

And a last semi-serious remark... Don't interact with Republicans or Trump fanboys or people of bad morals in general... I feel that might influence the AI too :/

For now, I conclude my AB Testing and I hope it's of use to others... :) Keep in mind it can take up to 12 hours (and longer) for an account to recover once you tweeted the Bad Link.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

I guess I'll have to start accepting this during the night? :(

The last bar is still 35 minutes remaining before the full 2 hours have passed. The bar before that is 7537 impressions... For 2 hours... I had +35k not long before that... I don't believe this is 'natural' traffic... I'm too global to have these kind of influences, no?? Ppl can't love me one moment and detest me 2 hours later, no?

Sigh : )
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

I wish I could see where this goes wrong... Note to self: stop putting most of your Actions Start Time between 2300 - 0300...?!

I wish Twitter would work as hard to SHOW my tweets to everyone as it is trying to limit my 'free speech' ;p And no, Twitter Support still hasn't replied to my ticket. No surprise there :(
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

As you can see, things turned to the worse again.

I've now changed all links I'm posting to goo.gl. I removed a tweet here and there and changed the wording of 1 tweet (the wording was used in their default welcome-to-affiliate-program-tweet-your-link-now tweet).

I'll start to look at TD logs this evening - see if something happens between 23:30 - 01:00
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

While rebuilding the TD Actions (database got messed up), I also did some manual retweets (a lot of them) for tweets containing the ticker "$CIF".

As I noticed once before, as soon as I start retweeting a lot of stuff (all unique, except for the $CIF ticker) from 1 account, my impressions immediately start to drop.

I also have FollowLiker that does some retweet tasks for me. I had that set to max. 6 retweets per run... That might have been hurting me in the past too...

Gonna go out for another few hours, not doing much. I expect to be at 25k / 2 hours when I get back.

bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

* changed my amount of max retweets per interval for accounts I promote (including not retweeting too much manually)
* changed all my static URLs to new goo.gl links (and that now is randomized with bit.ly)
* avoid any Republicans / Trump communities ;p
* still to test: does grabbing all DMs / Stats en mass (6 accounts) kill my stats? My crashes often happened at night; might be something there
* I'm tired - if I think of anything else, I'll let you know. It never hurts to follow all my replies and see what I wrote there ;p

Enjoy? :(