DM idea

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Bartekef

DM idea

Post by Bartekef »

Hey Martin

Lately I was asking if the TwitterDUB could seperate profiles which allowed to be messaged by someone who they are not following, from those which didnt allow that (I mean that option in twitter account settings).

You said that it couldn't be developed.

Now, as I really find it important and useful, maybe you could do something like that:

Today, when TwitterDUB performs dm action from given profiles in .txt file, and finds the profile which dont allow to be sent the dm - it gives something like 'you cannot message users who are not following you', and then it makes a pause between attempts, which was earlier setted up by user (me).

Maybe you could change it, so that when your briliant Bot finds the profile which cannot be dm'ed, it just skip it, and try the next one? Without a pause?

I assume that it won't cause any danger of being suspended for spammy-like activity, as there isn't even a DM icon on those accounts, which didn't allow to be messaged by someone they don't follow - so twitter.com doesn't recieve any attempt at all -there's nothing to click and send a message (I guess thats how it works, I may be wrong).

Finally, that would really, really shorten the time of performing DM action, when having 1000's of profiles to dm, while 95% cannot be dm'ed and the pause between attempts is set for 120-180 seconds (in my case, to avoid being suspended). So, now it literally tooks 8-12 hours to DM 50-100 profiles with just 120-180 sec pause between an attempt.

Thank you!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: DM idea

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Bartekef wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:01 pm Maybe you could change it, so that when your briliant Bot finds the profile which cannot be dm'ed, it just skip it, and try the next one? Without a pause?
Am not sure that is a good idea, as if could end up with your hammering Twitter server trying to DM lots of people in a row who you are not allowed to.

What footprint do you think spammers leave? ... trying to DM many people quickly they are not allowed to...

I assume that it won't cause any danger of being suspended for spammy-like activity, as there isn't even a DM icon on those accounts,
"assume" is not very reassuring, as if you are wrong....
which didn't allow to be messaged by someone they don't follow - so twitter.com doesn't recieve any attempt at all -there's nothing to click and send a message (I guess thats how it works, I may be wrong).
twitter does know, because you did attempt, the error message (failed message) comes from the,)