Scrape and block

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Bri

Scrape and block

Post by Bri »

Hi,

I want to scrape followers, and block, how-to?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Scrape and block

Post by martin@rootjazz »

an idea, try write, explanation, ,help support, understand

:roll:
Bri

Post by Bri »

Are you serious?

I want to scrape a users accounts, or list, and block all users in that list?

on instadub, i can block/unblock from a list, id like this on soundcloud app, and also on twitterdub please? how long?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

yes I am serious. Your OP included no details. Do you mean block in the app for X action, globally, so you don't action on the accounts, block within the site so you don't see them or something else etc etc
Bri

Post by Bri »

I want to scrape some usernames and then block/unblock them, right let me put it this way.

I worked on someones account, and ive had no thanks, or anything from them, no payment, etc, so now i want to remove all their follows and following. best way to do this is by blocking the accounts, then unblocking, like the feature you have done with Insta
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Bri wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:10 pm I want to scrape some usernames and then block/unblock them, right let me put it this way.

I worked on someones account, and ive had no thanks, or anything from them, no payment, etc, so now i want to remove all their follows and following. best way to do this is by blocking the accounts, then unblocking, like the feature you have done with Insta
so the block is a twitter function, not TD block.

However, doing it for revenge / spite isn't probably the best thing todo. We all get ripped off occasionally, unfortunately it happens in business. But I would advise not to dwell on it, don't lower yourself to their level. Good things happen to good people.
Bri

Post by Bri »

:roll:

So why did you add this function to instadub?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

I don't understand what you are asking.

If you are asking me to add a feature to TD so you can get revenge, then no I am not going to do it tbh, there is no benefit there.

As to why a feature is in the ISG program, well that is a question for the ISGdub forum, but even then I have more pressing things to deal with than questions "why did you add X feature.." :-\
Bri

Post by Bri »

This was not the only reason I wanted the feature, I want to remove inactive / fake followers from my main account.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok, now we can discuss the feature.

If you have fake followers, why / how does block / unblock help?

Does that cause them to not follow you anymore or something?

If so, if you are happy to scrape your followers / filter in the SCRAPE tab it is a relative easy to add a button: block / unblock from file