Still problems with determining max size of a tweet with Tweet Images #file:C:\path\tweets.txt#

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
bitcoin

Re: Still problems with determining max size of a tweet with Tweet Images #file:C:\path\tweets.txt#

Post by bitcoin »

bitcoin wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:26 pm Indeed.

I want with each itteration of the Post Images Action to;
1. randomize the picture
2. randomize from all tweets in the tweet file
3. do dynamic stuff within the tweet randomized in 2.
4. merge 1 & 3 and do 5.
5. make a unique tweet so during the day I have *all* tweets tweeted, not just 1 dynamic tweet with a few variations.

And could you create a (log)file with just the tweets that failed to get posted, despite being generated? It will greatly help me troubleshooting the tweets-too-long problem with Tweet Images & dynamic tweeting : )
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Still problems with determining max size of a tweet with Tweet Images #file:C:\path\tweets.txt#

Post by martin@rootjazz »

bitcoin wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:01 pm
bitcoin wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:26 pm Indeed.

I want with each itteration of the Post Images Action to;
1. randomize the picture
2. randomize from all tweets in the tweet file
3. do dynamic stuff within the tweet randomized in 2.
4. merge 1 & 3 and do 5.
5. make a unique tweet so during the day I have *all* tweets tweeted, not just 1 dynamic tweet with a few variations.

And could you create a (log)file with just the tweets that failed to get posted, despite being generated? It will greatly help me troubleshooting the tweets-too-long problem with Tweet Images & dynamic tweeting : )
good idea, next update
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Heee that's a nice surprise for the Saturday night! Thanks.

PS: any progress on the list of character values you already had...? I'll try to update other characters as we go along.
PS: any idea if we can have a special error.log with all the tweets that turned out to be too long? So I can check once in a while where it fails?

Regards
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

bitcoin wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:46 pm
Heee that's a nice surprise for the Saturday night! Thanks.

PS: any progress on the list of character values you already had...? I'll try to update other characters as we go along.
no

PS: any idea if we can have a special error.log with all the tweets that turned out to be too long? So I can check once in a while where it fails?

Regards
https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Creating new topic for special characters / tweets that get denied despite that they should fit... Link: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5156

Also: I don't think the API is supporting 280 character tweets as of now... Otherwise, my first log in above link would be different, no? :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Also: I don't think the API is supporting 280 character tweets as of now... Otherwise, my first log in above link would be different, no? :)
no, still 140
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

next update you can specify a limit on teh accounts form
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:26 pm next update you can specify a limit on teh accounts form
And we can post +140 character tweets? Despite the API not explicitly allowing it (I think)?