Post Images: questions about timing...

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
bitcoin

Post Images: questions about timing...

Post by bitcoin »

IGNORE UNTIL I TESTED MYSELF - more feedback in a few hours
UPDATE: FEEDBACK POSTED. MARTIN: GO AWAY! :)

Martin, I have a question...

I'm using Image Tweet (SO loving this feature!). I noticed that I was posting as many tweets as I had images in 9 secs intervals. Twitter did not like that one bit and dropped me to 0 impressions.

So I updated the Action to have a Random Pause (secs) of [6679 - 7361]. I took this interval for it would post (over 3 account) an image every 2 hours.
Now my question... By coincidence, I had 11 pictures and taking worst case scenario with 7361 second pauses after each tweet, I'd be close to 23 hours in a day (IF I always get the longest interval randomised - which won't happen).

But say I said for above action that it should repeat each hour... Wouldn't that add an extra Action rule each hour while the old one is also still tweeting? So after a day ending up with 22, 23 Actions all posting 1 image with scripted text?

Shortest solution (if indeed I'd end up with many Image Tweet Actions running after a day) would be to add an option here: "don't start a new instance of Action if this Action hasn't finished yet".

Can you tell me how it would work out? Will number of threads achieve what I need and can I safely set it on a repeat of 2 hours?

bitcoin wrote:
bitcoin wrote:
And a new (kinda important) feature request for Post Images. It definitely would be a neat feature to have...

I just discovered, after adding a bunch of pictures to one of those beautiful scripted tweets, that each run (with "file"-statement so each tweet has a different body) of the Action will generate as many tweets as there are pictures. It kind explains why Twitter keeps dropping me to zero impressions for a few hours :-(

SO... Added feature request: add an option to Image Tweet tab where you set the amount of tweets to post each run.

And while I write this, I just realized I might as well set the random Pause interval here to a long long time... That way, if the action finishes, a new batch can start with new slow posting timing... Yeay! :mrgreen:
Last edited by bitcoin on Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bitcoin

Re: Post Images: questions about timing...

Post by bitcoin »

Correction: feedback in a few days.

ALL IS GOOD! TD is smart enough not to start a second action when the first one hasn't finished yet. Glad you did it the smart way Martin :)

Go enjoy your kids!!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

bitcoin wrote:
Go enjoy your kids!!
I'll enjoy things when they go back to school on Monday ;)
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

haha - spoken like every real daddy or mummy ever ;p
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

8-)