These $&$^ keys!

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
omegasolutions

These $&$^ keys!

Post by omegasolutions »

Do all Twitter apps have to go through this API run around? This is nothing like instadub.

Anways trying to use this program, I get my keys after going to apps in Twitter.

I change the permissions. I get the 'Key' and the 'Secret.'

I copy and paste those in the profile I'm attempting to add under Custom Consumer Keys.

It states the account is not authorized to perform actions on Twitter would you like Twitterdub to authorize, blah, blah...

It then states failed login/consumer key creation/authorization. I know my password is correct since Twitter has sent me 4 e-mails about a new log in. It's not asking me to validate anything..

Logs: 29868
bitcoin

Re: These $&$^ keys!

Post by bitcoin »

If you do an Authorize Account Action on your account, do your logs look mine here? viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4834&p=28251#p28251
omegasolutions

Post by omegasolutions »

bitcoin wrote:If you do an Authorize Account Action on your account, do your logs look mine here? viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4834&p=28251#p28251
No, they look like something Martin was referencing in this thread viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4831

So, I'm trying to see what he meant.

Edit: I'm making progress. Now the error states...

* FAILED: 097398 : Couldn't get Oauthverifier from URL : https://api.twitter.com/oauth/authorize 200

2nd Edit: So, yes bitcoin, I'm in the exact fuckin boat...

Logs: 68970
omegasolutions

Post by omegasolutions »

Deleted everything and tried the Tools - Walkthrough Option to have it automatically do it.

I got the Oauthverifier error at first, and then rate limit exceeded.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

omegasolutions wrote:Deleted everything and tried the Tools - Walkthrough Option to have it automatically do it.

So you got the OAuth Verfifier working?
2nd Edit: So, yes bitcoin, I'm in the exact fuckin boat...
:roll: well... Two is company, no? :twisted:
omegasolutions

Post by omegasolutions »

bitcoin wrote:
omegasolutions wrote:Deleted everything and tried the Tools - Walkthrough Option to have it automatically do it.

So you got the OAuth Verfifier working?

Nope I got the error.

Why are these keys necessary ,I just want to follow\unfollow?

There's chrome extensions that do that without this extra headache.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

They work with Java and if you really use them... I think that's the reason you're here :)

API calls need API keys - there is no way around that. Unless you use the Watch Tweets tab (I still didn't dare to). That one is web-based and works without API calls. Post-edit: though i don't think TD will function properly if you don't add the API keys, even if you only use the Watch Tweets tab. Martin?
omegasolutions

Post by omegasolutions »

bitcoin wrote:They work with Java and if you really use them... I think that's the reason you're here :)

API calls need API keys - there is no way around that. Unless you use the Watch Tweets tab (I still didn't dare to). That one is web-based and works without API calls. Post-edit: though i don't think TD will function properly if you don't add the API keys, even if you only use the Watch Tweets tab. Martin?
I don't think API calls have anything to do with the programming language. And I don't think I need them for whatever you are implying..

I just want to follow/unfollow and do the same with certain keywords. Chrome Extension - Mass Follower - I don't need them and that's a free app.

OAuth Verfifier issue this morning again using the walkthrough method.

I see it creating something in https://apps.twitter.com. Dont know. Would like to use this program at least once.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

It has everything to do with it! Java works on the website itself. And as you know, Follow Liker will get a ban after a while where you can't follow anyone any longer. That hardly ever happens now I have following automated (using 2 tools for that).

If you are not on the website (like regular programs never are... They are not browsers), you need something else than a java applet running on a webpage. That's where API calls come in. There is a tool that avoids API calls altogether by using a web emulator. TD has something like that too, with the Watch Tweets tab.
Last edited by bitcoin on Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Martin posted an update: https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/downloa ... v1.325.exe

Let's see what that gives us :)