Tweet Images: adding xy random hashtags prevents tweet being posted: tweet too long!

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
bitcoin

Re: Tweet Images: adding xy random hashtags prevents tweet being posted: tweet too long!

Post by bitcoin »

martin@rootjazz wrote:But still, the program should detect >140 and reduce, so even if you forgot to put the line separator in, you should still post a tweet. That is what I don't understand, why a tweet was counted at 123 and failed to post...
True. Feel free to debug once you have time... For now, it all works as intended ♥
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Tweet Images: adding xy random hashtags prevents tweet being posted: tweet too long!

Post by martin@rootjazz »

For now, it all works as intended ♥
We can leave it at that for the time being then :)
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Code: Select all

Using account: MyAccounts
Posting: 1419255465 to MyAccounts
PostTweet :  using:MyAccounts
Posting: 1 images
Post: C:\Users\Public\Downloads\- foto's followliker\MyAccounts\wcx\DGSIuk-UQAAnzHC.jpg-large.jpeg
Process image: C:\Users\Public\Downloads\- foto's followliker\MyAccounts\wcx\DGSIuk-UQAAnzHC.jpg-large.jpeg
Preprocess image: DGSIuk-UQAAnzHC.jpg-large.jpeg
Add image to tweet: DGSIuk-UQAAnzHC.jpg-large.jpeg using tmp path: C:\Users\MyAccounts\AppData\Local\Temp\4\gRlPFBUv.jpeg
Added image to tweet: DGSIuk-UQAAnzHC.jpg-large.jpeg
PreTokens: 
Join! Global & Anonymous Exchange. Start trading wherever you are in the world – no ID verification required t.co/IVV9sz6KaW

#BITCOIN #ethereum #Exchange #fintech #investing #FundRaising #investment #opportunity
PostTokens: 
Join! Global & Anonymous Exchange. Start trading wherever you are in the world – no ID verification required t.co/IVV9sz6KaW

#BITCOIN #ethereum #Exchange #fintech #investing #FundRaising #investment #opportunity
Too long: 216
Snipped to: (138): 

#BITCOIN
Posting tweet: 

#BITCOIN
* ERROR: verify action: Forbidden - The request is understood, but it has been refused or access is not allowed. An accompanying error message will explain why. This code is used when requests are being denied due to update limits.
* ERROR Info: Status is over 140 characters.
* FAILED: TweetPostId: 1419255465 to MyAccount
Pausing for: 7361

The tweet

Code: Select all

#BITCOIN
indeed is too long (no idea why there is a double <br><br> but that's ok for now).

The tweet is rather long and I suppose no KW can be added to the basic construct here. Can it be that TD doesn't allow 0 %KW% statements added?
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Log ID:
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

the tweet is not too long
*SUCCESS: Tweet: Join! Global & Anonymous Exchange. Start trading wherever you are in the world – no ID verification required t.co/IVa9sz6KaW

#BITCOIN

posted fine here.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Yet the logs say it got denied... I remember it being cut of in the word BITCOIN. I don't imagine logs ;p

Post-edit: I tested the tweet given, for MY twitter it is too long...

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

that is strange then, as it posted fine via TD to my twitter.

Not really sure what it could be, perhaps something todo with your account would be the only suggestion I have. Have you posted that tweet before?

perhaps it is being rejected as a duplicate, but the program is reporting the wrong error?
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Well the screenshot clearly states the tweet is too long - as did the logs.

Let me count the characters next :)
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

122 + 23 = 145 > 140 characters

Maybe you have fewer spaces or newlines?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

AHA! (I think)

yes what you have there IS longer. But that isn't what I used:
Join! Global & Anonymous Exchange.....
Note the & in mine
and the: & in yours

The program is sending & but the request is URL encoder so it is sent down in the HTTP Requests library.

That makes some sense....

Will fix it (well check for it to see if that fixes it)