1 account: some Actions work and validate, other Actions for same account cannot authorize

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
bitcoin

1 account: some Actions work and validate, other Actions for same account cannot authorize

Post by bitcoin »

In follow up of: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4832

I have this from logs of the same account:

Code: Select all

* ERROR: Unauthorized -  Authentication credentials were missing or incorrect.
But also:

* ERROR: Forbidden - The request is understood, but it has been refused or access is not allowed. An accompanying error message will explain why. This code is used when requests are being denied due to update limits.
https://api.twitter.com/1.1/statuses/retweet/897161236026187777.json?trim_user=true

327 - You have already retweeted this tweet.
where this account IS retweeting stuff.

How can this happen? What to do? :s

LOGS!
bitcoin

Re: 1 account: some Actions work and validate, other Actions for same account cannot authorize

Post by bitcoin »

Hmmm... Found a second account with the same symptoms:

* ERROR: Unauthorized -  Authentication credentials were missing or incorrect.
https://api.twitter.com/1.1/users/show.json?screen_name=coinschedule

32 - Could not authenticate you.
Same account, also a new Action, gives:

Retweet all new: https://twitter.com/IcoRating with: ico_pca
Get TwitterUser: IcoRating using: ico_pca
Found new tweet: 897117984195522560 : 897117984195522560
LOGS:

PS: both accounts are the accounts I was referencing in the linked thread I gave above (In follow up of: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4832)
Last edited by bitcoin on Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: 1 account: some Actions work and validate, other Actions for same account cannot authorize

Post by martin@rootjazz »

bitcoin wrote:In follow up of: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4832
IF the post is related, can you post to the same thread, makes things easier to keep track of rather than across multiple threads
But also:

* ERROR: Forbidden - The request is understood, but it has been refused or access is not allowed. An accompanying error message will explain why. This code is used when requests are being denied due to update limits.
https://api.twitter.com/1.1/statuses/retweet/897161236026187777.json?trim_user=true

where this account IS retweeting stuff.

How can this happen? What to do? :s
Had the account already retweeted it?
Had you moved the account across instances / machines so the local db was not uptodate?
Had you run actions without UNIQUE checked?
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

martin@rootjazz wrote:
bitcoin wrote:In follow up of: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4832
IF the post is related, can you post to the same thread, makes things easier to keep track of rather than across multiple threads
I know what I'm doing ;p
martin@rootjazz wrote: Had the account already re tweeted it?
Had you moved the account across instances / machines so the local db was not update?
Had you run actions without UNIQUE checked?
Yes, Unique is on if it would apply to the Action. No, the account has not re tweeted it - it cannot validate! : ) This is not an unable to re tweet error.

I sent you an email with the results of Authorise button for ico_pca.

Local DB: No, while I plan moving all to a VM, I haven't done that yet.

Re-tracing 2nd account's problems next.
Last edited by bitcoin on Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

This was meant to show in that instance it can authenticate, otherwise I wouldn't get an already re-tweeted error. Both logs in the first and second post here are for the same 2 accounts each time. I'm gonna follow up on that second account, how it went during the day.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

bitcoin wrote:
I know what I'm doing ;p
It would help if I could also know / understand what you are doing. When you jump around, this to that issue I get confused. I don't really understand what you are reporting is wrong in this thread.

The account cannot authenticate but somehow is getting told it cannot retweet as it has retweeted before, but how can it get that message if has not authenticated?
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

I put it all in 1 thread for a reason: I think it's clear what the problems are...? Please take a careful look, thank you.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Authorise gives:
* FAILED: 097398 : Couldn't get Oauthverifier from URL : https://api.twitter.com/oauth/authorize 200

API keys are correct

Post-edit: re-generating the API keys doesn't change anything. I did notice this when I look at the App details (keys and access tokens):

Your Access Token
You haven't authorized this application for your own account yet.
I don't know if this is to be expected but it stood out. Generating them doesn't do much, but I'll check if I can copy some keys back and forth :/

I hope you'll find some time to think along - it's kinda becoming a pressing matter again.