New Login to Twitter from Chrome on Windows etc

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
lisha5684

New Login to Twitter from Chrome on Windows etc

Post by lisha5684 »

I just purchased twitterdub and I am trying it out.

So far I added two twitter accounts. Immediately I got those pesky emails from twitter. One said:

New login to Twitter from Firefox on Windows

The other said:

New login to Twitter from Chrome on Mac

I only have a problem with this because my clients will be getting this email every time Twitterdub logs in to their account. Is there a way to stop this from happening? Is this because of my API keys, etc? The key I'm currently using is old, I used it when using other twitter software I had before that is now dead. If I make new keys, or make keys from different twitter accounts will that help alleviate this issue?

Let me know if you know anything about this or how to solve this issue if there is any way.
lisha5684

Re: New Login to Twitter from Chrome on Windows etc

Post by lisha5684 »

Anyone else getting this error when their account logs into twitter from twitterdub? Please help. If this is avoidable, I'd like to know how...
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

The program will have to log into your account in order to GENERATE API KEYS and AUTHORISE accounts to the keys.

There may also be another function that the API does not provide and the app routes through the website, cannot remember from the top of my head though
lisha5684

Post by lisha5684 »

martin@rootjazz wrote:The program will have to log into your account in order to GENERATE API KEYS and AUTHORISE accounts to the keys.

There may also be another function that the API does not provide and the app routes through the website, cannot remember from the top of my head though
OK. But why does Twitter send this email when it logs in from software? I have another software that when it logs in Twitter sends this email. I'm trying to not have this happen if at all possible.

When I log into my twitter accounts or my client's twitters straight on my desktop, these emails are not sent out. So why does this happen with software? Just trying to understand and see if there's any way to prevent these emails from being sent by Twitter.
lisha5684

Post by lisha5684 »

I just added two more twitter accounts to twitterdub.

One twitter account I got an email from Twitter saying "New login to Twitter from Firefox on Windows"

The other twitter account I did not get that email from twitter...?... But I think something might be wrong with this email address because the last email I received into that email address was in March 2017, so twitter probably tried to send the email to this one too...

Update: I just added another twitter account to twitterdub and that twitter account's email got an email from twitter saying "New login to Twitter from Safari on Mac"

If there is a way to prevent this, or make this less likely to happen, please let me know. Thanks!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

are you using these accounts on the same IP? If not, perhaps twitter sends the email due to new IP?

Or perhaps it is new useragent. I don't think you can set the useragent for accounts in Twitterdub, but I can add it, thus it will appear as if your normal browser is logging in as normal
lisha5684

Post by lisha5684 »

martin@rootjazz wrote:are you using these accounts on the same IP? If not, perhaps twitter sends the email due to new IP?

Or perhaps it is new useragent. I don't think you can set the useragent for accounts in Twitterdub, but I can add it, thus it will appear as if your normal browser is logging in as normal
Hi Martin,

So far, yes, all the same IP. They are just my own personal twitter accounts that I usually only work from my own IP address, all others I use proxies.

Trying now to set one up with a proxy that I use on another software that does not give me the email when I log in from that software...

Yep. Got the email from twitter for that one as well.

I don't understand anything you said in regards to useragents. I don't know anything about useragents. I would like it if it appeared as if my normal browser was logging in as normal...

Also, twitter thinking that each account is logging in from various systems/browsers... I would think that means twitterdub has some sort of random setting inside it so that not all accounts seem to be logging in from the same system/browser, etc which would make it seem more natural since different people use different types of computers/browsers?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

lisha5684 wrote:
I don't understand anything you said in regards to useragents. I don't know anything about useragents. I would like it if it appeared as if my normal browser was logging in as normal...

Also, twitter thinking that each account is logging in from various systems/browsers... I would think that means twitterdub has some sort of random setting inside it so that not all accounts seem to be logging in from the same system/browser, etc which would make it seem more natural since different people use different types of computers/browsers?
When a useragent is NOT detected, one is assigned randomly to the account. But after that it "should" use the same UA.

I will run some tests and get back to you. Hopefully will be today, but probablly tomorrow
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Actually, you can set your USERAGENT on the ADVANCED / OPTION settings for the account settings form

~To find out what your browser useragent is: go here:
http://www.whatismyuseragent.net/

Then you can copy it in to twitterdub

The next update will also check and ensure a useragent is assigned so it will not be possible for a new useragent each time
lisha5684

Post by lisha5684 »

martin@rootjazz wrote:Actually, you can set your USERAGENT on the ADVANCED / OPTION settings for the account settings form

~To find out what your browser useragent is: go here:
http://www.whatismyuseragent.net/

Then you can copy it in to twitterdub

The next update will also check and ensure a useragent is assigned so it will not be possible for a new useragent each time
Thank you for your response.

OK, I see where I can input my useragent.