app suspended?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
lisha5684

Re: app suspended?

Post by lisha5684 »

odysseus11 wrote:
bitcoin wrote:
lisha5684 wrote: I sometimes add my phone number, then delete it a day later...
Smart!
I didnt know you could do that!

what happens if you create an account (without a phone number), then add a phone # when the account gets locked and demands one (which seems to happen to everyone eventually no matter how lightly the account is used), and then REMOVE the phone number a day later - THEN the account gets locked again? how do you unlock it? Is there a setting to unlock using email after it has been phone verified? I havent seen one but one of my accounts that was locked I was able to unlock by having an unlock email to me but I dont know how that was set up. Any guidance appreciated....
If you add a phone number because the account is locked and they want to do phone verification, then delete the phone number after the account is unlocked, then twitter locks the account again later asking for phone verification again, a phone number will have to be added again to get the account unlocked. Twitter doesn't let you choose how to verify your account when it's locked. I wish. I just don't want my phone number attached to too many twitter accounts. I would think that would be a red flag, so I've never chanced it.
odysseus11

Post by odysseus11 »

OK, I see.

I have a single account that I didnt create myself but acquired which was already phone verified, and when it got locked they **DID** give me an option to unlock via phone call OR email link (I chose email). I wondered if there was some way to replicate that, I havent seen any way to select it as an option anywhere.
lisha5684

Post by lisha5684 »

bitcoin wrote:As far as I understand it now... If you add the accounts with the GUI the regular way and automatically, there's not much anyone needs to do. If you add the accounts in TwitterDub they need to be authorized. API keys will be added automatically in Twitter and used in TwitterDub. Go to the apps overview twitter offers; you should see TwitterDub with a randomized name there... Unless you specified your own name, than that one is used (but I stopped doing that because I ended up with errors that the API name already existed). Better leave TD to handle it all by just adding an account with the Accounts Tab. All should be good. Right Martin? *angel*
OK, I just added another twitter account and I didn't input my own API key. I just had TD authorize it. Then I opened the account and clicked "Show API key" and it showed one there, so I guess TD did it for me? So this will be safe then? I won't have to create the API keys myself?

If I am using proxies (4 accounts per proxy) should I not have to create my own API keys and just allow TwitterDub to do it for me?
lisha5684

Post by lisha5684 »

odysseus11 wrote:OK, I see.

I have a single account that I didnt create myself but acquired which was already phone verified, and when it got locked they **DID** give me an option to unlock via phone call OR email link (I chose email). I wondered if there was some way to replicate that, I havent seen any way to select it as an option anywhere.
Yeah I do not remember seeing that option before. It would be nice. How long ago was that? Maybe they used to give you an option and I just don't remember any more. Twitter is always changing how they do things. They are the thorn in my side!
odysseus11

Post by odysseus11 »

it was only a couple weeks ago.

it happened on the only account I didnt created myself but it had been phone verified already....it got locked when a bunch of my other ones did, but it alone was offered to have an email sent to unlock it. No idea why, wish I knew how to replicate that.
mondra723

Post by mondra723 »

I got my accounts *or mainly the app within each account* suspended from writing too.

Did you find how to to unlock it again?

Any idea why this happened?
I certainly was using the app very lightly to follow users.
odysseus11

Post by odysseus11 »

no mine is still locked, I just created a new app 1 for each account and each account uses its associated dev app. the 1 they locked is still locked.