Re: app suspended?

Post by odysseus11 »

phone verified
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

bitcoin wrote:

PS: explain to me please what the Global App Key is...? Do you have to specifically create it? What is the point? Why not have each account work with its own API?
a global api key, is just an app api key that you can apply to all newly added accounts.

IF you don't hammer twitter hard, and just do basic promotions, it is fine. Especially if your accounts are similar / for the same business. For example, I would use it if I had a twitter account for each of our bots.

However, if you have PVA accounts and are using proxies, use ONE APP KEY PER ACCOUNT. It only takes a few clicks and will separate the accounts completely
odysseus11

Post by odysseus11 »

yep of course I CAN do that easily (one app per account), I just didnt realize I would need to since the global key ability exists.

So its fine, I will just do that from now on, thanks.
W
lisha5684

Post by lisha5684 »

So are you saying we need to create an app inside each twitter account to use with the corresponding twitter account? Creating apps are for developers only, and most of my clients are not app developers obviously, so this process doesn't make sense.

Also on twitterdub, it says a phone number should be on the account to make an app. So if I log into each twitter account and make an app through each twitter account, but I don't have a phone number on file with some of the twitter accounts, what will happen then? I am managing twitter accounts for clients, so I'm not going to add my phone number to their twitter accounts, and some of them do not want their phone number on their twitter account. What should we do then?

Or are you saying we can use our main twitter account to create 50 apps (if we have 50 twitter accounts) and each twitter account can then get a different app? That seems weird because, for example, Hootsuite is an app and thousands of twitter accounts are connected to hootsuite. Does hootsuite create a new api key for every single user?

I would think one api key per 5 twitter accounts should be fine... but I don't really understand how it all works...
Last edited by lisha5684 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
odysseus11

Post by odysseus11 »

I think that app/dev accounts HAVE to be phone verified accounts.

I dont think you can create a developer account with a non phone verified account.

In my own experience and from reading others, you are very unlikely to not have Twitter require a phone auth at some point. Happened to me on all accounts very quick, and I dont think I was using the bot heavy at all.
lisha5684

Post by lisha5684 »

odysseus11 wrote: In my own experience and from reading others, you are very unlikely to not have Twitter require a phone auth at some point. Happened to me on all accounts very quick, and I dont think I was using the bot heavy at all.
I definitely agree with that. Twitter is heavy with the phone verification now. I sometimes add my phone number, then delete it a day later...

And I edited my post above so it makes more sense and I added a few other thoughts.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

lisha5684 wrote:So are you saying we need to create an app inside each twitter account to use with the corresponding twitter account? Creating apps are for developers only, and most of my clients are not app developers obviously, so this process doesn't make sense.
As far as I understand it now... If you add the accounts with the GUI the regular way and automatically, there's not much anyone needs to do. If you add the accounts in TwitterDub they need to be authorized. API keys will be added automatically in Twitter and used in TwitterDub. Go to the apps overview twitter offers; you should see TwitterDub with a randomized name there... Unless you specified your own name, than that one is used (but I stopped doing that because I ended up with errors that the API name already existed). Better leave TD to handle it all by just adding an account with the Accounts Tab. All should be good. Right Martin? *angel*
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

odysseus11 wrote:I think that app/dev accounts HAVE to be phone verified accounts.
I admit I always ad a phone number. You can use the same phone number for different accounts. One catch: twitter might use it to block all your accounts at once. Hasn't happened to me, but I spoke to somebody to whom this happened.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

lisha5684 wrote:
odysseus11 wrote:
I sometimes add my phone number, then delete it a day later...
Smart!
odysseus11

Post by odysseus11 »

bitcoin wrote:
lisha5684 wrote:
odysseus11 wrote:
I sometimes add my phone number, then delete it a day later...
Smart!
I didnt know you could do that!

what happens if you create an account (without a phone number), then add a phone # when the account gets locked and demands one (which seems to happen to everyone eventually no matter how lightly the account is used), and then REMOVE the phone number a day later - THEN the account gets locked again? how do you unlock it? Is there a setting to unlock using email after it has been phone verified? I havent seen one but one of my accounts that was locked I was able to unlock by having an unlock email to me but I dont know how that was set up. Any guidance appreciated....