app suspended?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
odysseus11

app suspended?

Post by odysseus11 »

I just got notice that my global app was suspended.

Im a little weirded out, because I didnt think I was pushing TD hard, only 10 accounts and they are only doing primarily follow/like at moderate levels

Does anyone have guidance on is getting your global app restricted suspended a common thing or not, and any things you have discovered that can help avoid this?
bitcoin

Re: app suspended?

Post by bitcoin »

"global app"?

Suspended as in killed? Or temporarily halted until a phone number is entered? Or you got a call from twitter?
odysseus11

Post by odysseus11 »

no the actual app in dev.twitter.com was restricted to "no write access", not the twitter user(s).

I am guessing I somehow violated their limits but I dont know how, light usage on 10 accounts, was looking for anyone who has had this happen and how long is the suspension typically?
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

all from the same IP?
odysseus11

Post by odysseus11 »

no all different

and the app account was not suspended, just the app itself was write-privelege restricted. Other apps are firing still from the same account just fine.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

were all accounts on the same APP KEY?

If so, it is better to have one app per account.

If you are using proxies, again it doesn't make sense.

You are telling twitter you are going to be using the API from the server for the authorised accounts, then routing those requests from the authorised server via different IPs...
odysseus11

Post by odysseus11 »

all the accounts are using the "global" consumer keys from the one "master" account, and then all accounts are using their own proxy (each account assigned 1 unique proxy) yes.

so this is NOT correct? Should I create unique apps in each twitter account and then have each account use its own app keys?
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

it removes a single-point-of-failure, no? If one APi gets requests from 10 IPs working with it, twitter might ask questions. If they like what they see, no problem. If they think quality is low... Bye bye!

PS: explain to me please what the Global App Key is...? Do you have to specifically create it? What is the point? Why not have each account work with its own API?

I always wondered about that... And were your accounts banned? Or just paused / suspended?
odysseus11

Post by odysseus11 »

no accounts were actually banned/suspended.

just the app was set to "restricted" - so, yes, I cant do anything because because all accounts were using the global key.

The only reason I didnt just create a unique app on each twitter account and have the account use its accounts' app was because a) its an extra step to create an app and set it up. and b) because its an extra step, I could do it no problem and WILL if its preferable, but I thought the whole reason to be able to use a global keyset was for just that reason, to be able to avoid replicating that step on every account.

One thing is that it takes a PVA acct to run an app. All my accounts ARE PVA, so thats not an issue.

I guess Im still just confused by what could have caused the limitation/restriction, and I think I will go ahead and create apps for each unique account ON their account and have each use its own. You make a good point about the proxies all hitting the one app, but maybe Martin can clarify
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

PVA?? :geek: