slowly crawling backwards in time with retweeting?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
bitcoin

slowly crawling backwards in time with retweeting?

Post by bitcoin »

Hello,

Could TD slowly be retweeting back in time? I'm only now noticing it but at first glance it might be that TD (when no new tweets are found), goes back to older tweets? I just retweeted from July 28th - which is not good :)

If this can't be TD, let me know. If it might be TD, how to prevent it pretty please :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: slowly crawling backwards in time with retweeting?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

What do you mean?

Retweeting old posts? Well it can retweet old posts.

I think you are missing a few details of what you are doing / actions / settings.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

martin@rootjazz wrote:What do you mean?

Retweeting old posts? Well it can retweet old posts.

I think you are missing a few details of what you are doing / actions / settings.
Hee Martin, extremely busy here so I can't follow up as I liked to. YOU MAY IGNORE THIS TICKET FOR NOW! :)

What I noticed before with FL is that the most recent tweets got retweeted for a targeted account (searching on KWs). After a few days though I'll start to notice that the retweets from that targeted account slowly become older and older. Up to a point that I'm retweeting months old posts from that same targeted account. Which is killing.

I'm might be noticing such behaviour again, I still have to fully investigate. Therefore I thought just to ask if there's any chance TD could behave this way. For I removed all retweet functions from FL (I think).

I don't think TD is at fault and support with FL is, well, challenging and extremely slow. Also, their software doesn't contain any bugs, or so they think. Which is extra cumbersome and annoying.

For now, ignore this ticket. I'll get back to it if needed. I'm going to slowly phase out FL and move its actions to TD (for as far as is possible).

Thanks!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok I understand.

If you select action 1 tweet from a feed. Then it will start with the most recent and work back to find a valid tweet (perhaps actioned already, perhaps failed filter)

If you select action LATEST TWEET ONLY, then it should check the latest tweet, process if valid ignore that profile if not. If using MASS ACTION ALL NEW FROM, there are two possible flows.

1) get most recent, can it be processed, yes process. No ignore.
2) get most recent, can it be processed, yes process. No step back through older tweets to find a processable item.

There should be an option to specify whether you want (1) or (2)
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

so to be clear: there's no chance TD slowly crawls back through time with retweeting (in any way you can set it up with TD: I'm focused on 1 account and get *all* recent tweets retweeted. So ideally; an action starts for the first time ever. It takes the latest tweet from the target, retweets it. Action sleeps until called upon again. The user then has made 1 or more new tweets. They all get retweeted. Or the target made 0 new tweets; the latest tweet was already retweeted so nothing to do.

That would work perfect and I wouldn't miss any more things to retweet (unless I break the flow by manuall retweeting something - that's ok though ;p)

xx
Last edited by bitcoin on Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

yes, that is exactly what should happen.

Are you asking that? Or saying it isn't working like that for you? I am unsure which you saying
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

martin@rootjazz wrote:yes, that is exactly what should happen.

Are you asking that? Or saying it isn't working like that for you? I am unsure which you saying
I noticed the crawling back in time. FL always insists there is no problem... Even if there is one. I wanted to be prepared and I also moved pretty much all retweet functions to TD. So you were the main suspect, but that surprised me.

For now, I'm rebuilding a lot of things so I'll see if the problem creeps up again. If so, I'll repost :)

Thank you!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

the TD app logs should detail exactly what was done, so you can know for a fact if it was TD or not.

Actually I just check the code. I was confusing TD with out tumblr program. Reblog All New From... will NOT step back, it will stop as soon as it finds a tweet already retweeted..