mass retweet not retweeting

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: mass retweet not retweeting

Post by martin@rootjazz »

bitcoin wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:32 pm I don't really understand though what the hour-bug was
Sorry I don't recall this. I read up this thread but couldn't ascertain what you mean.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:02 pm
bitcoin wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:32 pm I don't really understand though what the hour-bug was
Sorry I don't recall this. I read up this thread but couldn't ascertain what you mean.
You said this:
Pause for: 17023 secs

your pause is large, so I make that 4.7 hours. Two of those and you have your 9 hours.

but the logs show the program retweeted the first tweet successfully, tried to retweet the 2nd, got the unexpected hour and paused.

that behaviour is correct, it should pause on an error, to avoid the situation of spinning on something unexpected. In this case you could argue you want it to not pause on the error, but it was unexpecteed, thus it must pause, as other errors you may not want it.

So the issue is, why did the program not detect it was already retweeted. Was the tweet already retweeted? If so, via the same instance of TD? IT should have known this.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

ahh ok, so the retweet check will handle what you were referring to