Randomize Followers Scrape

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
joeybad47

Randomize Followers Scrape

Post by joeybad47 »

Heyo. I was using the custom search in the scraper tab to scrape the followers of certain accounts. The problem is it scrapes the same 5000 users each time I create the action, even if the account has 1 million + followers. I guess because there is a methodology (I think is scraping from most recent followers and on). Just wanted to know if there is any way to randomize this followers scrape of an account so I can get different results instead of the same ones each time? :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Randomize Followers Scrape

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Not possible.

When searching it has to start at the beginning. It is not possible to split it into sections and do it over multiple actions over time.

you have to start at the beginning and go to the end.

If you are just scraping to a list, scrape all you need in one go. However, you will not be able to scrape all million easily as that is a lot of requests to make which a normal user will not do, which could be a footprint of automated behaviour.

Also, if you scrape recent followers, you know they are active. If you scrape accounts 990,000 to 1,000,000 they may have followed the account years ago and no longer active on instagram.

Do note, that if you perform the search as part of an action (like / follow etc) then you will skip the accounts you have previously processed as the program knows who you have processed. Due to amount of data it would require, it does not record this for your scrapes only