Account Tweeting

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
shaner4042

Account Tweeting

Post by shaner4042 »

Hey,

I have 25 accounts I have been using to send out tweets (10-20 tweets/day/acc) and have been having good success. I would search and mention from lists I have previously scraped, and was getting a success rate of about 50% -- meaning if it processed 100 profiles, it successfully tweeted at about 50.

The past couple days however I find the rate of successful mentions has dropped dramatically to about 5%. I am seeing that it is only tweeting successfully with a handful on the 25 accounts now, when previously it was working with all of the accounts. I am continuously getting the error message: * ERROR Info: Application cannot perform write actions.

I figured I may have hammered the accounts too hard and this was due to limitations, but I took a 2 day layoff from tweeting or activity of any kind and the problem persists. All accounts are using proxies, have read and write privileges enabled in application settings, and I am able to login from my desktop to these accounts and tweet manually. Just wondering if you are seeing another reason here why some of the accounts can no longer tweet from TwitterDub. Thanks.

Log ID: 73356
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Account Tweeting

Post by martin@rootjazz »

* ERROR Info: Application cannot perform write actions.
This means the API APP they are using, has had WRITE actions disabled.

WRITE actions are things you do that would have to "write" to twitter. follow / like / tweet etc

you will have only READ access. Meaning you can search / scrape / get information, but not perform actions.

Create a new API key for those affected accounts, authorise to them, then go slower next time
shaner4042

Post by shaner4042 »

I created new API for some of the accounts, but still cant tweet with them. I am getting this message over and over continuously as well: * FAILED: 308576766378577 : Couldn't extract tweet ID: https://twitter.com/xxxxxxx

Or: * FAILED: asbproc: 98734895 : Couldn't get user from value:

Would this be resolved if I wait for the accounts to cool down or is this due to something else.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

No idea with those details.

Please, read through this post and submit your issue accordingly. Not everything will be relevant to your issue, but have a read as it gives an idea of the information you can provide to help me help you as quickly as possible without delays in having to request additional information :)

https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1634

Regards,
Martin