"FAILED MORE THAN 10 ITEMS IN A ROW"

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Bartekef

"FAILED MORE THAN 10 ITEMS IN A ROW"

Post by Bartekef »

Hey Martin, we're talking on another topic (on SCM one) but I decided to create new topic here so people who have the same issue would find out how to fix it after you give an advice

I got that FAILED MORE THAN 10 ITEMS IN A ROW message, after trying to DM my list of twitter users from .txt

as I said in my other post before, I have list of urls in .txt and not everyone can be DM'ed - if they don't followed me back, then I can DM people only if they turn the specific option in their twitter settings

so, if I had 100 urls in my .txt, there is still some % of people who turned this option on, so twitterdub may just skip failed actions, and run next ones - but it stops because of 10 failed actions in a row.

How can I turn this off? So even if I had 50 actions failed in a row, because people didn't allow to recieve DM from strangers, TwitterDUB will continously perform next actions?

Thanks
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: "FAILED MORE THAN 10 ITEMS IN A ROW"

Post by martin@rootjazz »

you cannot turn it off. It is a protection that assume if 10 in a row fail, then something is wrong (perhaps a site update that broke something, so it cancels rather than hammering twitter with bad requests which could cause issues for your account/s

However, in this case, as you cannot DM some users it is causing you a problem.

I will take a look, perhaps there is a way to find out if can send a DM before sending it so doesn't fail, insteads ignores (which doesn't trigger the 10 fails cancel protection)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

no, there is no way to check if you can send a DM or not.

However, I am not sure it is a good idea to just blindy send DMs hoping they will be allowed.

DMs are easy to turn into spam, are the most annoying messages to receive and most likely to generate complaints.

However, that said if you want to, I will see about disabling the 10 fail limit safe guard
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

next update include option to not failed after 10. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

What can I say? Wonderful!!

And yeah spam sucks. And isn't effective at all. I never do that ;)

Thank you!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Bartekef wrote:
And yeah spam sucks. And isn't effective at all. I never do that ;)
I should hope so