Best Practices & an odd question

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
JasperJones

Best Practices & an odd question

Post by JasperJones »

Hey Martin,

Thanks again for all your hard work! All the software I have purchased from you has help me increase sales so I tip my hat to you for your continuous work.

I love Twitterdub and it works great in almost every function. The only thing I cannot wrap my head around (at this time) is being able to schedule tweets every 1.5 hours and to do all the other functions like follow, like, retweet etc (I have asked about that before). I know Twitters API function makes it difficult to continuously do things. I cannot create a reasonable campaign for all my twitter accounts when it comes to scheduling tweets when having to use 1 thread.

To your knowledge when using an outside service for scheduling tweets, will it impact Twitterdub when it comes to that 88 error? I seriously don't mind investing $10.00 a month to be able to schedule posts outside of Twitterdub if I am also able to use all the amazing Twitterdub functions. I understand if you are not aware of this question but I wanted to ask first before investing in a separate service.

Thanks
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Best Practices & an odd question

Post by martin@rootjazz »

What exactly do you want to do? scheduling tweets wise?

loop over a list?
custom write each one and post once?
something else?

I see your issue, you want to make sure your account does one thing at a time (single account processing) but you also want to be able to post tweets as well. So basically a single account processing, except for the post tweets action. Which makes sense.

Unfortunately, you cannot :(

What you could do however, is run the post tweets in a new instance. So export the account and import it to the new instance (which will bring in the keys and other settings.

I would like to give more control over the single account processing at some point, but it is quite complex as it integrates to the processor and tbh am not sure even how to go about it without making it so complex no one uses it
JasperJones

Post by JasperJones »

I'd like to manually write out tweets (posting soundcloud links, video links, photos, etc) a weeks worth for 4 twitter accounts. I did try using a third party platform to post tweets and use Tweetdub at the same time but still received the 88 error.
What you could do however, is run the post tweets in a new instance. So export the account and import it to the new instance (which will bring in the keys and other settings.
So would this be correct. Go to Accounts Tab, export the account, than import the account? Would this allow me to do multi threading with the same account?

Thanks
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

JasperJones wrote:I'd like to manually write out tweets (posting soundcloud links, video links, photos, etc) a weeks worth for 4 twitter accounts. I did try using a third party platform to post tweets and use Tweetdub at the same time but still received the 88 error.
So would this be correct. Go to Accounts Tab, export the account, than import the account? Would this allow me to do multi threading with the same account?

Thanks

I cannot think why it wouldn't work. AS long as you don't do crazy and try to run 100s of actions on both instances of the same account. But if you stick to one instance posting slowly / normally and the other do your other actions as normal, it should be fine
JasperJones

Post by JasperJones »

I will give it a shot and report back.

Honestly Twitterdub is the most powerful program I have ever encountered when growing Twitter Followers and my business when it comes to Social Media. I thank you for this,
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Glad to hear you find it useful :)