Help with follow/like settings

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Divvy

Help with follow/like settings

Post by Divvy »

Hello Martin,

First of all, great job with twitterdub, thank you for that!

Can you give me a little advice?
Today I received an email from Twitter saying that my application is no longer allowed to perform write operations. So probably I did something wrong, so I'm here because I don't want to make same mistake.

1) What do you think of this DAILY ACTION LIMITS?
Or can I increase this values?

Code: Select all

Max Daily Follows: 100
Daily Unfollows: 90
Max Daily Likes: 100
2) What do you think of this settings for FOLLOW?
Or can I increase this values? I'm trying to scrape an account with 300k followers.

Random Pause: 18- 30 secs
Max Actions: 4
Repeat 1 hour
3) What do you think of this settings for UNFOLLOW?

Random Pause: 2 - 5 secs
Repeat 12 hours
Unfollow: 5
Unfollow After 7 Days
4) What do you think of this settings for LIKE?

Random Pause: 8- 12 secs
Max Actions: 8
Repeat 2 hours
I already have watch all your videos on youtube, but I'm looking for the best values that I can use for better and fast results in safe mode.
What do you think? Do you change any value :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Help with follow/like settings

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Divvy wrote:Hello Martin,

First of all, great job with twitterdub, thank you for that!

Can you give me a little advice?
Today I received an email from Twitter saying that my application is no longer allowed to perform write operations. So probably I did something wrong, so I'm here because I don't want to make same mistake.

1) What do you think of this DAILY ACTION LIMITS?

That looks ok

2) What do you think of this settings for FOLLOW?
Or can I increase this values? I'm trying to scrape an account with 300k followers.

Repeat 1 hour
Again "looks" ok. Personally I would set follow to be bigger. 60-300, you have 24 hours to do the 100 followes, so spread them a bit more imo
3) What do you think of this settings for UNFOLLOW?

Repeat 12 hours
Unfollow After 7 Days
much bigger pause needed

4) What do you think of this settings for LIKE?

Repeat 2 hours
again bigger pause
that I can use for better and fast results in safe mode.

better doesn't go with fast. The slower you go, the bigger the pauses, the less repetition, the more random, the longer your keys / accs last
Divvy

Post by Divvy »

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Divvy wrote: 1) What do you think of this DAILY ACTION LIMITS?

That looks ok
Thank you martin.

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Divvy wrote: 2) What do you think of this settings for FOLLOW?

Repeat 1 hour
Again "looks" ok. Personally I would set follow to be bigger. 60-300, you have 24 hours to do the 100 followes, so spread them a bit more imo
I set 4 actions per 1 hour to have around 96 follows in 24h.
What do you mean? Like this?

Random Pause: 60- 300 secs
Repeat 1 hour
martin@rootjazz wrote:
Divvy wrote: 3) What do you think of this settings for UNFOLLOW?

Repeat 12 hours
Unfollow After 7 Days
much bigger pause needed
What random pause do you suggest? 12-24 secs?

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Divvy wrote: 4) What do you think of this settings for LIKE?

Repeat 2 hours
again bigger pause
What random pause do you suggest? 24-40 secs?

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Divvy wrote:that I can use for better and fast results in safe mode.

better doesn't go with fast. The slower you go, the bigger the pauses, the less repetition, the more random, the longer your keys / accs last
I agree! Great answer :)

Btw, since I'm doing this "same" threads in all my 30 accounts, how many threads do you think I should run at same time?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

re pauses. If you are doing 100 items in a day, that is 24 hours = 86400 seconds
86400 / 100
= 1 item per 864 secs to spread out your items over 24 hours.

There is no perfect pause, test test test and find out what works for you.

But if you want to be safest and do 100 items a day, set your pause for about 800
Divvy

Post by Divvy »

martin@rootjazz wrote:re pauses. If you are doing 100 items in a day, that is 24 hours = 86400 seconds
86400 / 100
= 1 item per 864 secs to spread out your items over 24 hours.

There is no perfect pause, test test test and find out what works for you.

But if you want to be safest and do 100 items a day, set your pause for about 800
I have:

FOLLOW:
Random Pause: 18-30 secs
Repeat 1 hour
that makes 4 follows per hour
4 follows x 24 hours = 96

Do you mean set the values to this?

FOLLOW:
Random Pause: 800-800 secs
Max Actions: 1
Repeat 24 hours
Please help me with your values suggestion...
Or someone in this board please...
Just a point of start...

I just need to know safe values for:

FOLLOW:
Random Pause: <number here> - <number here> secs
Max Actions: <number here>
Repeat <number here> hours

UNFOLLOW:
Unfollow: <number here>
Unfollow After <number here> Days

LIKE:
Max Actions: <number here>

PROCESSING:
Number of threads: <number here>
(I will use 30 twitter accounts with same actions above for each one)

I know that I cant test myself, but I already had one API blocked and I dont want to loose my 30 accounts that I already have for one year.

Hope you can help me, thanks :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

follow:
max: 80
pause: 60,300

like / follow as above

processing threads, start with 5 see if it works and processes all daily actions (or get your calculator and work it out :) end of the day here and my brain is too friend for that ;-)
Divvy

Post by Divvy »

Thank you for the great support Martin :-)
bitcoin

What settings do you use?

Post by bitcoin »

I found this article, thought it was worth a save before really looking in to this. It is an article with the best timing options for another twitterbot we shall not name. The author goes real mathematical on our 4ss, so his theory should be worth something, no? ;p

https://www.blackhatworld.com/members/kctnky.833054/
Okay, it seems no one is interested in brainstorming about twitter scheduling ;). Anyway, I found my own way. I share it here. First of all, the basic tasks for Twitter are; Follow, Unfollow, Tweet, Retweet, Like. I am going to run these tasks on my accounts. Of course, the bot will add scraping tasks as requirements, too.

Engineers or people who are good at Math will understand the following equation. For the others, it is not as complicated as it seems. But it is just the theory I built up. So, you can skip this step if you want. Ä°t is the time equation for a day (Passing time values for some tasks like scrape, update, etc. are omitted since they are negligible among the others). Just click to image in order to see equation;

Now, we need to decide how many instances of the bot we will run in one computer. If we want to get around in safe borders I recommend running only a single instance. However, there exist some limitations as we will see on below calculations. Summary is that if daily follow/unfollow counts are too high then one single instance would not satisfy it. Otherwise, you also need to tweet/retweet very frequently in order to run single instance as a nature of the bot. I did the calculations for starting new TW accounts. So, I run a single instance of the bot.

These are the constants I use. (You can change them based on your case. Following values are based on my experience for fresh accounts);

AI = 900
Mean value of automation interval is set to 900 seconds. In other words, automation interval is set to 10 to 20 min

WH = 20
We run our accounts 20 hours in a day. Remaining 4 hours they sleep. You can set this setting in the bot at the last page of the Wizard

n = 10
As you know, the bot runs in automation cycles preceeding each other in continuous automation. This number determines the number of automation cycles (runs) in a day. You can not set this value anywhere in the bot since it is actually the result of your inputs. However, I set this value equal to 10 for calculations which means each automaton cycle will last 2 hours in average considering the 20 running hours in a day. But here comes the question: how to choose this value? why did I chose 10? Because, I want retweet task to have least frequency and I want to retweet 10 times in a day. Just think. You will get it.

Dloss = 2
This value resembles the loss time passing through while executing the task events. For instance; a follow request will start and finish in 2 seconds, a tweet request will start and finish in 2 seconds, etc. If you use bad proxies with lower connection speeds then increase this value. If you use follow filters then increase this value (checking the accounts to follow also will take some time). I also absorbed the times passing through while scrape and update operations inside this value. You will notice that this parameter can be also neglected for a quiet account (as new accounts should be) if follow filters are not used. It is not critical. We lose most of the time while waiting between the task actions.

So, after replacing the constans our equation becomes;

Now we need to determine the occurences of tasks in a day. I want;

Follow: 120 in average
Unfollow: 120 in average
Tweet: 20 in average (2x faster than retweets and likes)
Retweet: 10 in average
Like: 10 in average

Remember that how I choose the value for n in calculations and why I have choosen n is equal to 10. To continue, we know each automation cycle (run) will last 2 hours and there will be total of 10 cycles in a day. So, number of the task actions needed to be realized in a cycle can be found just by dividing our desired values to 10. Note that these results give us the mean value of Task Limits to enter the wizard in the bot while setting up our project;

Task Limit for Follow: 12 ==> Set 1 to 23 for high randomness
Task Limit for Unfollow: 12 ==> Set 1 to 23 for high randomness
Task Limit for Tweet: 2 ==> Set 1 to 3 for high randomness
Task Limit for Retweet: 1 ==> Set 1 to 1
Task Limit for Like: 1 ==> Set 1 to 1

Now, we need to determine the task delays. Replacing the task limits our equation becomes (Note that task delay values for retweet and like operations are nothing more than dummy parameters, i.e., non-functional);

11*TLfollow + 11*TLunfollow + 1*TLtweet + 56 = 6300

Just for simplicity take TLfollow = TLunfollow;

22*TLfollow&unfollow + TLtweet = 6244

I have choosen TLtweet equal to 3600 seconds (remember that one automation cycle lasts 2 hours and task limit for tweet operation is set to 2 in our calculations).

Finally, we obtain our task delay values;

Task Delay for Follow: 120.18 ==> Set 60 to 180
Task Delay for Unfollow: 120.18 ==> Set 60 to 180
Task Delay for Tweet: 3600 ==> Set 1800 to 5400
Task Delay for Retweet: does not matter ==> leave as default
Task Delay for Like: does not matter ==> leave as default

You can also find possible daily limits of the tasks via calculation. But it will be meaningless since it is very low probability that the bot will always choose the lower/higher limit values for the delays and limits of tasks. So, just give these values in enough range which will still make you in safe borders of Twitter. I have used;

Daily Limit for Follow: 60 to 180
Daily Limit for Unfollow: 60 to 180
Daily Limit for Tweet: 10 to 30
Daily Limit for Retweet: 5 to 15
Daily Limit for Like: 5 to 15

Remember also to mark these settings;
- Shuffling the tasks
- Ignoring the accounts without without proxy
- Setting scrape user limit to a higher value than maximum follow limit
- Setting scrape tweet limit to a higher value than maximum retweet or like limit

Lastly, I can not guarantee that these calculations work for everyday. However, it should work in long ranges based on the statistics and probability sciences. Another important thing is the processing power of your computer. In addition, if you have more accounts running in a single instance of the bot than the "Account Threads" value in general settings, it will cause also the latencies.

You're welcome for comments.
Which triggered this reply...
I have a college degree in business and math, and while your calculations are fun to play with, and perhaps may prove useful - I find it much easier to use trial and error to manage my massive stockpiles of accounts. You would be surprised how fast you can figure this stuff out without the math.

The only major math I want to do with my Twitter setups is counting the money. I hope this works out for you though. It's just super boring, and unlikely to be all that useful in the end. More likely - you'll do all this, discover that the math doesn't bare itself out almost ever, and then go with trial and error like the rest of us.

It does help to do a little LOW LEVEL math, but this is simply overboard, and unlikely to prove fruitful in my opinion. It would be way more productive to be actually using FL to perform the functions as opposed to using complex math to figure out IF the number of allocated actions is going to work within the amount of time in a day. With a spare 24 hours it's pretty easy to figure out whether actions occur in that allotted time or not, so the math is not exceptionally productive despite it's creative flair.
Which got this response :)
Believe me I did all these because I am just bored. For someone who have degree in math these are super-easy and you don't even need to write them explicitly. The results can be obtained with a just five min thinking. I congratulate you for your degree. I have also B.S. and M.S. degrees on electronics engineering and now I am on my Phd. But not everyone has to be good at math. A few trials would also make you obtain the results. However, some trials may cause you go beyond the safe borders of Twitter especially if you just created your accounts until you get it. Nowadays, reverification wave is killing most of us. I devote my calculations to the new beginners ;)

I am in twitter marketing business for a long time. I just gave a break of 8 months and returned back. Even I can claim that I was one of the people who had the most income from twitter marketing in BHW once upon a time. So, I have my own experience and huge knowledge obtained by trials and errors as you said. But, Followliker is new to me and I don't want to discover it by trials and errors. I always developed my own tools for such things. Now I'm in a transition term to Followliker. In addition, it is obvious that you need to make some calculations in order to guess how many people you will follow in a day with your inputs. I can do it in my head. But it is no harm to look them up closely and help others if anyone needs. Lastly, thanks for your comment :D
Feel free to share your numbers or thoughts... Though I don't think this isn't that kind of forum ;-)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

:shock:

I am sure you don't expect me to read that on a saturday morning :)

If you want to give me a TLDR, that would be great :)
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

martin@rootjazz wrote::shock:

I am sure you don't expect me to read that on a saturday morning :)

If you want to give me a TLDR, that would be great :)
I was hoping for someone else's TLDR Xd

It was too late on my end... I'll take a look at it though, one of these days... ; -)