Constant interactions?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
spec

Constant interactions?

Post by spec »

Hi. Ran into problems using twitterdub on several accounts (as there are too many evil accounts out there you do NOT want interaction with) and now want to use it only to maintain a certain degree of "constant interaction" with a safe list (followers, hero-users, etc.).

I just cannot figure out how to:

1. Have 20-50 interactions per day (retweet, like) with a) my followers and b) people I follow.

2. Retweet one tweet every week of every user in a special user list.

Would be glad if this is doable with TwitterDub.

Thanks in advance.
spec
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Constant interactions?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

1. Have 20-50 interactions per day (retweet, like) with a) my followers and b) people I follow.

so you want to like / retweet tweets posts made by your followings / followers?

do you want the most recent followers / followers, or a random selection from all?

if newest, two actions action on followings / followers, then set the actions set it to do 20 items +- fluctuation of 5

if you want random selection you will need to scrape all followers / followings every so often then process X from the list with unique on

a specific tweet or just the latest?

if latest, mass retweet from a file on repeat every 1 week, where the file lists the profile URLs of the account, the program will automatically retweet the most recent
spec

Post by spec »

Hi Martin,

thank you for your fast reply.

1.) Yes, you got it right, I want to like the tweets of followers and followings – both of your described ways would be great (newest / random). :) But which module do you mean? :oops: Could you name the steps to get this action right, please?

2.) Perfect, I think I got that! Thank you.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

1.) Yes, you got it right, I want to like the tweets of followers and followings – both of your described ways would be great (newest / random). :) But which module do you mean? :oops: Could you name the steps to get this action right, please?

when you scrape followers it will be the most recent followers first. So if you performed a normal action: scrape 20 followers of X, it would be the 20 most recent EVERYTIME. Which might be new followers, or might be the same if the accounts doesn't get many new followers.

If you wanted RANDOM from across all followers, you would have to go to the SCRAPER TAB and scrape ALL followers of the account to a file. Then use that file to action on a random selection each time. You would also have to scrape all followers probably once a week to make sure you got any new ones.

so for recent. goto the retweet tab, setup your searches
scrape FOLLOWERS
max items: 15 +- fluct 10 (5-25)
check LIKE (so you will like as well as retweet)
set your retweet meta (if you want)
repeat every 24 hours
check UNIQUE (so if you cannot scrape enough enough NEW followers you don't redo)
create action

do the same for:
scrape FOLLOWINGS

for random, scrape all items (merge both results to a file if you want ****) then specify the filepath as the input

*** merge
You will then need to merge the resulting files: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6764 ... o-one-file

Code: Select all

Load Dos / CMD
CD c:\path\to\
copy *.txt merged.txt
You would then want to remove duplicate items from the file, for this I would recommend notepad++ with the TextFX extension
spec

Post by spec »

Think I got it working. :) Very nice!

Thank you for the support! (y)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

:)
spec

Post by spec »

a specific tweet or just the latest?

if latest, mass retweet from a file on repeat every 1 week, where the file lists the profile URLs of the account, the program will automatically retweet the most recent
This got me retweeting a lot of tweets from three users until my limit of 50 retweets was over.

Where did I misconfigure? It should be only the single newest tweet. :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

I would need to know what you did.

If a custom search, there are two "feed" steps. I believe they are labelled "recent" / "latest" If you look careful one will pluralised

"recent items"
"latest post of"

or something, you want the singular. Of you can double click the selected item on the right and tell the program how many items to get for it. So even if you select the plural recent items, you can tell it to only return 1 (so works same as latest post)

As the program doesn't know what you want. You may may to scrape 2 followers then get 25 posts from each, or you could want 50 followers and one post from each, it helps if you double click the selected item and tell the program exactly what you want, otherwise it will just try and assume what you mean (usually incorrectly)
spec

Post by spec »

That helped. Found the latest tweet option in the custom search.

Thanks again!
spec

Post by spec »

Hey, Martin!

Thanks for your support, man! Right now I think about quitting the twitter bot idea in general, because:
a) I cannot find exclusion criteria for accounts to follow (keyword list) – I still end up following the worst accounts (xxx, politics, etc.) :oops:
b) Liking/Retweeting bullshit and non-sense tweets will lead to losing followers. Yesterday I liked and retweeted sth. very awful... Yuck... :x

Ended up undoing nearly all bot progress.

Is there a "safe way" in your opinion, to start useful interactions for accounts?

Retweet Problem:
The last thing I can think of is to verify if enough people liked a tweet, that has all pos./neg. criteria... But still, people will like the worst kind of tweets.

Following Problem:
No idea for better exclusion criteria. I'd have to hand-pick accounts.

My goal was to make all my/our company's accounts interact, even if we're busy.
It seems that automated routines need to be much better than what I've come up with. :)

If you have any thoughts on this, I'd be interested to hear your ideas. Thanks!