How do we post images from Tumblr account RSS?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
justalex

How do we post images from Tumblr account RSS?

Post by justalex »

In the Assign RSS Element, I see "imgur_image" and "pinterest_image" but nothing for Tumblr! I'd like to know how do I post images from my Tumblr accounts into Twitterdub?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: How do we post images from Tumblr account RSS?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

There is no standard way due to tumblr themes.

If you can view the EXACT image you want from the RSS feed, you can pull it that way, if not, you will need to scrape the image via XPATH on the post page linked from the RSS

Take a look here, if it makes no sense, provide more information on what you are trying to do and I can help with specifics

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2006&p=10506#p10506
justalex

Post by justalex »

martin@rootjazz wrote:There is no standard way due to tumblr themes....viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2006&p=10506#p10506
I'm trying to do exactly what I'm doing presently with IFTTT but on a much global scale since IFTTT only permits one twitter and one tumblr site per account. Basically, I'd like to post an image followed with the description followed with tags/hashtags.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I have no idea how IFTTFTFTF (or whatever it is) works.

What you need to do is describe in that help post.

Look at the feed.
Check what values you want then specify the RSS elements

<link>
<title>

as required.

If the image is WITHIN the HTML of the tag, you can XPATH it out. If the image is on the page linked from the feed, you can also XPATH that via the token to scrape then extract.

If that makes no sense, then you will have to post up the feed and explain what elements you want.