Authorization failing everywhere - all users

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
ron

Authorization failing everywhere - all users

Post by ron »

* FAILED to get user: 1146722371
* ERROR: Unauthorized - Authentication credentials were missing or incorrect.
https://api.twitter.com/1.1/users/show. ... 1146722371

89 - Invalid or expired token.

UPDATE* -- Now authorization failing every 5 minutes on streaming, have to keep reauthorizing every 5 minutes !!!!
log - 93613

I really don't understand why the follow doesn't take a new user to search when the current user's authentication or whatever is failing and instead just keeps repeating the follow loop with the same invalid/failed user. You want it to keep searching with invalid tokens forever ???

Unable to understand. Also the authorization is failing for all users, not sure what is happening anymore.
Nothing works really, one bug fix and there are a 1000 more, it's like this can never ever work.

Also i see the below errors at the start of following please check. Authorization needs some fixing man, even new browsers keep giving errors at times. Have to keep changing browser, deleting cookies and checking to fix it for every account.
Please automate deleting cookies,reseting user agent and reauthorizing whenever this happens or fix the issue ! Atleast please automate it temporarily !

Not sure how much time more this will take ! I have lost a whole 2 months and still same story.
Last edited by ron on Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
TwitterNub

Re: Authorization failing everywhere - all users

Post by TwitterNub »

I'm having the exact same issues though the thread I was addressing them in is now locked. My confidence is slowly dwindling. Its like I now have to go through the whole process again. It makes just want to go on a copy & paste rampage.
ron

Post by ron »

TwitterNub wrote:I'm having the exact same issues though the thread I was addressing them in is now locked. My confidence is slowly dwindling. Its like I now have to go through the whole process again. It makes just want to go on a copy & paste rampage.
I totally understand man, feeling is the same. Sitting here on new year's eve all tensed and pissed, my targets for last 2 months are all dead with these bugs that just keep on multiplying by the day. It's so tough having to close 100 instances and open them after updates, only to see a hundred more errors.

I really don't understand why the code would use accounts that give automation errors (which make no sense as to why they are happening in the first place) to search instead of freezing those accounts and informing us about them , which is the basic functionality for any bot, every twitter bot i have researched has this.

And on top of that the weird authorization bugs are so much of a time waste - I dont even know why we have to deal with them when the accounts are active let alone change browser types/reset user agents and what not, it's like I am wasting my life trying to fix bugs without being paid on twitterdub and getting nothing back in return. Have been trying to get the authorization bug fixed for a whole 3 weeks now to no avail, just the same old counter questions and the issue is ignored.

It's so much of a torture trying to figure out what went wrong because there are so many ways the bot could be messing up. All my mates using different bots leave it alone for 2-3 weeks and work on landing pages/conversions. And here even if I leave it alone for 2 hours, there are automation errors, authorization errors and what not.

Patience is my strong point and I have been cooperating for so long with this:((
I could easily be making 350$ a day by now, but all i am doing is reporting bugs that just keep multiplying and making pennies instead.
Really sad start to the year
Last edited by ron on Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ron

Post by ron »

Absolutely sick of errors like this
Failed to auth account: oa: 4251382692-ryuUxqVkTPlK0fxuf1fQh1jNOHsoaZaGpcph8aw secret: s77u2sBpodVvwvh2PUfhrOuFMUV3rFr2XBJIEG2RpDWzH un: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Err: .....

Waste of time
TwitterNub

Post by TwitterNub »

I'm sorry bro. I hear ya. It's totally hard to sit on the side lines. I do appreciate your confidence and opinions. It is rough. I think it's gotta be something different from our computers compared to the ones used for testing. Just curious, did you happen to update to windows 10 recently as well?

I don't know why I tihnk it's that, probably doesn't even make sense, but I noticed alot of my issues happened to spawn up right after the switch over. Just figured I'd ask. Don't worry though man you will get there, I hope I iwll be joining you haha. I really want to drive traffic as well and it definitely sucks to pay for proxies, accounts, etc and not see much of a reward for it.

I am gettigng the same errors constantly! It's weird too because half the time I have the settings set to the absolute default and it still throws the same errors which I've heard have something to do with filter settings.

It's either the unable to authorize (you have to constantly re-authorize your accounts, and they don't really last longer than 12 hours-20 hours if you are lucky haha), or it throws the "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error.

I was getting around all of this by using account daily limits and tweet stream search so at least I wasn't on the side lines completely, but after the last 2 updates my program freezes each time I try to select an account to use for tweet streaming (and then I am able to click through it like it isn't there and click on my desktop icons haha). This was totally crushing to me because it officially puts me on the sidelines :p.

I'm wondering if we have a similar issue since our symptoms are so close to eachother. I will keep an eye out on this thread and hope that you and Martin find a conclusion. I hope you had an OK new years man, I was doign the same thing haha chilling here playing around with the bot/listing items on Ebay. Take it easy man. Talk soon
ron

Post by ron »

It's not your OS for sure, don't worry.
I am facing these problems on all actions, not sure how much longer to have a bug free bot.
TwitterNub wrote:I'm sorry bro. I hear ya. It's totally hard to sit on the side lines. I do appreciate your confidence and opinions. It is rough. I think it's gotta be something different from our computers compared to the ones used for testing. Just curious, did you happen to update to windows 10 recently as well?

I don't know why I tihnk it's that, probably doesn't even make sense, but I noticed alot of my issues happened to spawn up right after the switch over. Just figured I'd ask. Don't worry though man you will get there, I hope I iwll be joining you haha. I really want to drive traffic as well and it definitely sucks to pay for proxies, accounts, etc and not see much of a reward for it.

I am gettigng the same errors constantly! It's weird too because half the time I have the settings set to the absolute default and it still throws the same errors which I've heard have something to do with filter settings.

It's either the unable to authorize (you have to constantly re-authorize your accounts, and they don't really last longer than 12 hours-20 hours if you are lucky haha), or it throws the "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error.

I was getting around all of this by using account daily limits and tweet stream search so at least I wasn't on the side lines completely, but after the last 2 updates my program freezes each time I try to select an account to use for tweet streaming (and then I am able to click through it like it isn't there and click on my desktop icons haha). This was totally crushing to me because it officially puts me on the sidelines :p.

I'm wondering if we have a similar issue since our symptoms are so close to eachother. I will keep an eye out on this thread and hope that you and Martin find a conclusion. I hope you had an OK new years man, I was doign the same thing haha chilling here playing around with the bot/listing items on Ebay. Take it easy man. Talk soon
ron

Post by ron »

It's been a full 1 month since I am reporting this error aimlessly and putting my accounts on hold.
1 FULL MONTH !
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Does the issue occur if you stop all actions, run a single processing thread, performing very SIMPLE actions

basic search: authors of tweet: just a hash tag
follow 5 users with a 30 second pause

similar for like. simple hash tag search, then like

again for repost.

Do not set any filters, do not use a custom search, do not share accounts. Simply as above.
select one account
enter a broad generic hashtag
#happy

for example, request 5 items to be actioned on
run the action

The reason for the above is, have read that Twitter will automatically unauthorise an account key if it crosses some unspecified limits. So need to find out if your issues could be caused by that. As when I perform these tests all is fine.

Also sometimes the twitter api will return a "invalid token" error when the token isn't the problem, such as incorrect searches (usernames containing symbols, i.e. hashtag search for a username)

I can understand your frustation, but at the end of the day, when I test what you say you do, it works. So it isn't a simple case of "the wrong details are sent", as that would fail for everyone. If twitter replies with "invalid details" then although this may be incorrect, that doesn't point to specific issues with perhaps what is being done. But with the above we can rule that as a possible avenue of investigation or not

Now authorization failing every 5 minutes on streaming, have to keep reauthorizing every 5 minutes !!!!
This is implying that your code/s are being deactivated. How many stream accounts are you trying to run? I know you have mentioned issues running 10+, but does this issue as detailed in this thread happen with 1 stream?
ron

Post by ron »

Red this post - viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2434&p=13546#p13546

I gave you the whole log didn't I. Even this nub guy did from his previous 2 posts.
You should start with fixing the algo for custom search first I think. Searching for a new thread from scratch instead of taking over from followers of the last user is a major blunder. Why start a new custom search every 10 users when the old one already has users to search from ? Makes no sense

But it's your show. I already told you it doesn't work and gave you the exact scenario as well. Have tried it in all situations, do filter below 6 days active and custom filter mixed search-> creator->followers, gives user doesn't exist, failed and all that I already pointed out. Tried with share across accounts and without share across accounts as well. Could be rate limits, in which case you should start searching with a new user like I already pointed out.
Whatever the issue is you have to figure a way to optimize custom search so it searches safely without red flags or scrape it completely and give a simpler solution that guarantees account safety like in twidium and FL.
Waiting 24 hours and doing tos and fros for checking simple tasks is something I cannot afford in my life having already wasted 2 months expecting to get a bug free bot.

And it's the same problems, not even like we are facing new ones from Twitter api changes. Hope today is a happy day on the bot, sincerely
martin@rootjazz wrote:Does the issue occur if you stop all actions, run a single processing thread, performing very SIMPLE actions

basic search: authors of tweet: just a hash tag
follow 5 users with a 30 second pause

similar for like. simple hash tag search, then like

again for repost.

Do not set any filters, do not use a custom search, do not share accounts. Simply as above.
select one account
enter a broad generic hashtag
#happy

for example, request 5 items to be actioned on
run the action

The reason for the above is, have read that Twitter will automatically unauthorise an account key if it crosses some unspecified limits. So need to find out if your issues could be caused by that. As when I perform these tests all is fine.

Also sometimes the twitter api will return a "invalid token" error when the token isn't the problem, such as incorrect searches (usernames containing symbols, i.e. hashtag search for a username)

I can understand your frustation, but at the end of the day, when I test what you say you do, it works. So it isn't a simple case of "the wrong details are sent", as that would fail for everyone. If twitter replies with "invalid details" then although this may be incorrect, that doesn't point to specific issues with perhaps what is being done. But with the above we can rule that as a possible avenue of investigation or not

Now authorization failing every 5 minutes on streaming, have to keep reauthorizing every 5 minutes !!!!
This is implying that your code/s are being deactivated. How many stream accounts are you trying to run? I know you have mentioned issues running 10+, but does this issue as detailed in this thread happen with 1 stream?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

ron wrote:Red this post - viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2434&p=13546#p13546

I gave you the whole log didn't I. Even this nub guy did from his previous 2 posts.
yes you provided a log, unfortunately it wasn't helpful it locating exactly why.

and this thread is about authorisation issues, not custom search. Do please keep on topic

do filter below 6 days active and custom filter mixed search-> creator->followers, gives user doesn't exist, failed and all that I already pointed out. Tried with share across accounts and without share across accounts as well.

Issue been found with filter on custom search of mixed tweet search authors. It will be in the next update (not x80)