ABSOLUTE DISASTER - DM !

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
ron

ABSOLUTE DISASTER - DM !

Post by ron »

DM streaming on watching followers is WORKING even if all my proxies are down and disabled !!
This is absolutely unbelievable

I have lost all hope now really, all my twitter accounts are destroyed

Log ID - 72117

100% sure it is using the server proxy ! It is impossible for the stream to be happening for this instance. All proxies for this have expired/moved to a new authentication - 100%, impossible for them to work
Last edited by ron on Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
hamza.zamy

Re: ABSOLUTE DISASTER - DM !

Post by hamza.zamy »

Ron is right, this is some real unprofessional behavior right there! the problem is there for weeks and you aren't even trying to understand That people here are losing time and money. If you won't stop this behavior All Rootjazz tech is going to it's end very soon. if you can't fix this already half-dead Zombie software then consider Telling in this thread so we can look for another way other than twitterdub.
ron

Post by ron »

ron wrote:DM streaming on watching followers is WORKING even if all my proxies are down and disabled !!
This is absolutely unbelievable, i have been reporting this issue for a full month now and how this has managed to be ignored.

I have lost all hope now really, all my twitter accounts are destroyed

Log ID - 72117

100% sure it is using the server proxy ! It is impossible for the stream to be happening for this instance. All proxies for this have expired/moved to a new authentication - 100%, impossible for them to work
Please tell me what the situation is asap ??
If this error has affected all my accounts, i have lost 2 months of work.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Confirmed. There is a verify call being made outside the proxy, which although has been set, is being ignored. Not sure why the proxy is not being respected as it should (and subsequent usage is using (to perform the actual actions), just this verify.

Investigating now
ron

Post by ron »

martin@rootjazz wrote:and subsequent usage is using (to perform the actual actions), just this verify
What do you mean by this ? Every action is being run under the proxy else it makes no sense for the DM to be sent.
This is a major issue and needs to be fixed ASAP.

Brings me to the three points -
1. So are my accounts are practically rendered useless since they were streaming on the same IP ?
2. Should we stop using twitterdub completely till it's fixed?
3. When will this be fixed ?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

Issue caused by the verify account to be used to connect to stream running as anonymous async function so was being executed outside the contained thread which had the proxy set.

Ran through all other functions and could not see any locations where the thread proxy was bypassed in a similar manner
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ron wrote:
martin@rootjazz wrote:and subsequent usage is using (to perform the actual actions), just this verify
What do you mean by this ? Every action is being run under the proxy else it makes no sense for the DM to be sent.

create stream action
verify account to be used for stream * IGNORED PROXY *

do all work with stream - receive notifications - action on *DOES use proxy*
ron

Post by ron »

martin@rootjazz wrote:
ron wrote:

create stream action
verify account to be used for stream * IGNORED PROXY *

do all work with stream - receive notifications - action on *DOES use proxy*
So you mean the issue is fixed now?
Earlier it was sending actual DMs 10-15 times per account even when the proxy was expired. I sent you the logs as well, you are saying even the dms got sent as part of the verify account bug ?
And finally are my accounts safe with all this happening ? Was running 3k accounts with the bot, would twitter have gotten it's footprint on all of them ?

P.S - I would strongly recommended hiring a testing team for your bot brother. Your work has potential to make a lot of money, but I really don't understand why you don't realise that successful technologies are built only around sound testing and support teams.
Hope you realize this before it is too late, I am not faulting you, even I make blunders like these once in a while, but having a sound team setup cancels it all out and in the end, the finished module is always perfect.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ron wrote:
So you mean the issue is fixed now?
When I watch the network, nothing is going over local IP, only the proxy
Earlier it was sending actual DMs 10-15 times per account even when the proxy was expired.

This was not happening in my tests. Tested with working proxy and a fake proxy that doesn't exist. Nothing over local IP.
I sent you the logs as well,
Logs do not show streamed connection IP so no use, even if did wouldn't be any use as the proxy was set, just ignored on the containerised thread

you are saying even the dms got sent as part of the verify account bug ?
No, that does not "appear" to happen here when I try to force it, just the connection verify

And finally are my accounts safe with all this happening ? Was running 3k accounts with the bot, would twitter have gotten it's footprint on all of them ?
I cannot answer that. I can only say what I have heard / have experienced. You can say with just as much verification as I can

P.S - I would strongly recommended hiring a testing team for your bot brother. Your work has potential to make a lot of money, but I really don't understand why you don't realise that successful technologies are built only around sound testing and support teams.
Hope you realize this before it is too late, I am not faulting you, even I make blunders like these once in a while, but having a sound team setup cancels it all out and in the end, the finished module is always perfect.
To pay employees would require a monthly subscription charge, which 95% of people when questioned have been against. And / or a vastly greater price of program to cover it.

Granted it may be a case of chicken and the egg, but there we go
ron

Post by ron »

After you solve the authentication bug, could you please add an option to mark the processes as failed and stop them when they fail login so we could debug ?
The thread just stays active irrespective.