AUTHORIZATION IS FINISHED !

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
ron

AUTHORIZATION IS FINISHED !

Post by ron »

Even the browsers you provided don't work and the browsers keep switching automatically to nonsensical versions and it is impossible to detect when things are going wrong because there is no indication of failed login !

Resetting user agent leaves the user agent blank even on clicking validate !

Why can't you just delete cookies,cycle automatically between browsers and reauthorize till authorization is successful ?? How do you expect us to detect all that manually somehow and change it per account everyday ?

Why cant you have global useragent settings instead of one per folder, what purpose does that serve ??
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: AUTHORIZATION IS FINISHED !

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Useragent being blank, means a random one is selected when required.

If you want to provide your own list of useragents, you have been told how to do so
ron

Post by ron »

Hey Martin,

Please please add an option to re-authorize automatically with a new browser. Some of the browsers in the new list dont work as well.
And i get hit by these bugs every 5-6 hours on multiple accounts.
Resetting manually is a pain, some cases I have to delete cookies as well.
I really don't understand why authentication fails so much, one hour it works and then it doesn't.

Log ID - 86123

Could you please cycle reauthorization on a new browser and deleting cookies automatic on failed logins ? Imagine having to do that across xxxx accounts every hour.
Would be really helpful.

Twitternub seems to be facing the same problem too, so I am not the only one, also please keep a global list for useragents instead of one every instance. Makes it more convenient to change and check.
martin@rootjazz wrote:Useragent being blank, means a random one is selected when required.

If you want to provide your own list of useragents, you have been told how to do so
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ron wrote:
right click > delete cookies
right click > reset useragents

shouldn't be too painful until find out the actual cause
I really don't understand why authentication fails so much, one hour it works and then it doesn't.
Is there any pattern to it. Is it some accounts, the same ones each time or all?

How often does it happen to each account?

If it happens to accountA today, will it happen again to THAT account in a few hours, or another account in a few hours?

If the API key is valid, it is valid. Re-auth will just get the same key from twitter (if auth-ing to the same API app). If the browser UA string was good for one attempt, then it should be good for another

Log ID - 86123
Could you please cycle reauthorization on a new browser and deleting cookies automatic on failed logins ? Imagine having to do that across xxxx accounts every hour.
Noted, but I am weary to have events run automatically. Yes I understand it would help you hear. But usually in these instances there are many it won't help, and I won't know about it until it is implemented and they come running to complain about changed work flows. That basically leaves us in the situation where you want a custom feature. As things stand at this point in time, custom features are not getting added as there are plenty of more pressing things. So for the time being you are left with noting failed logins (should be updating the accounts list more accurately now), then bulk select > delete cookies + reset useragents and reattemping

also please keep a global list for useragents instead of one every instance. Makes it more convenient to change and check.
Noted, but the point about instances is they are unique with no knowledge of each other. Shouldn't take more than a minute to write a batch script to copy the file if you want it across instances
ron

Post by ron »

Again you are stating the obvious without reading anything I wrote.
Authorization doesn't show up as authorization failed on the accounts tab, not even as failed login. For DM streams, same problem. You want me to open processor tab of each of 2k accounts every hour and check if there is an authorization error buddy ?
Besides authorize gets added as a different thread where I generally have umpteen processes running so for the active thread to hit my authorization process takes hours, you probably should provide a real time function for authorizing.
And no don't reply saying validate login on save option, because that always returns successful yet authorization fails
Even if the account successfully logs in it still gives authorization fail error -- no way to find out when the error is happening

Log ID - 58563
See here, authorization fails everywhere and still logging in happening fine. Fix this please.

And regarding fixing it you say you are weary of automating fearing some unforeseen problem when you want us to do the same thing manually lol. I would frankly shut down everything rather than manually detect accounts with failed authorization out of god knows where every hour !

If you think there are matters more important than this honestly then I probably should just give up on this and ask for a refund. This is starting to affect me mentally now, please either add a way to know when it's an authorization fail because there is no way to know right now or just automate everything.

The authorization, follow and dm stream bugs (memory management and exception detection) are all super critical

martin@rootjazz wrote:
ron wrote:

shouldn't be too painful until find out the actual cause
Is there any pattern to it. Is it some accounts, the same ones each time or all?

How often does it happen to each account?

If it happens to accountA today, will it happen again to THAT account in a few hours, or another account in a few hours?

If the API key is valid, it is valid. Re-auth will just get the same key from twitter (if auth-ing to the same API app). If the browser UA string was good for one attempt, then it should be good for another

Log ID - 86123
Noted, but I am weary to have events run automatically. Yes I understand it would help you hear. But usually in these instances there are many it won't help, and I won't know about it until it is implemented and they come running to complain about changed work flows. That basically leaves us in the situation where you want a custom feature. As things stand at this point in time, custom features are not getting added as there are plenty of more pressing things. So for the time being you are left with noting failed logins (should be updating the accounts list more accurately now), then bulk select > delete cookies + reset useragents and reattemping

also please keep a global list for useragents instead of one every instance. Makes it more convenient to change and check.
Noted, but the point about instances is they are unique with no knowledge of each other. Shouldn't take more than a minute to write a batch script to copy the file if you want it across instances
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

probably not fixes, but might be improvements, better logging / pausing / detection of twitter error messages including logs of whether the twitter rejection causes a failed login to be logged