SUPER BLUNDER !! Image tweets duplicating

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
ron

SUPER BLUNDER !! Image tweets duplicating

Post by ron »

On restarting the instance, all image tweet processes get doubled/even quadrupled
Or it happens when the image upload fails and spams automatically, it may be adding the process scheduling multiple times. I have already submitted multiple logs for images - http://imgur.com/gjiUH9m
Last edited by ron on Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Image tweets duplicating

Post by martin@rootjazz »

This I am unable to replicate at all. These are new actions? Or have been running on repeat? Or you have manually repeated? Or anything apart form

add action
run
1/2 way through, close program / restart and duplicated?
ron

Post by ron »

martin@rootjazz wrote:This I am unable to replicate at all. These are new actions? Or have been running on repeat? Or you have manually repeated? Or anything apart form

add action
run
1/2 way through, close program / restart and duplicated?
I have nothing to say frankly anymore, when i close and restart this happens everything is duplicated, happens at times not everytime.
And doesn't depend on whether it is halfway or not
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ron wrote:
I have nothing to say frankly anymore, when i close and restart this happens everything is duplicated, happens at times not everytime.
ok, but I cannot replicate, without more information to go on, it is going to be hard to duplicate your issue. If you want to provide more information at a later date, just bump this thread
ron

Post by ron »

It's happening on all instances !!!
Repeatedly on all instances !
http://imgur.com/O9f4ajt

Close and open - tweet processes get duplicated.
Why are you doing this man, it's killing my motivation - might as well just ask me to delete the accounts if you want to keep introducing bugs that are sureshot bans :(
martin@rootjazz wrote:
ron wrote:
ok, but I cannot replicate, without more information to go on, it is going to be hard to duplicate your issue. If you want to provide more information at a later date, just bump this thread
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: SUPER BLUNDER !! Image tweets duplicating

I'll reply to you here rather than the emails on the same.

The issue is not being ignored, it is being investigated, but as stated I cannot replicate it. If I can replicate it, I can locate the cause and fix it. Otherwise choices are limited.

Randomly guess what it might be and send investigatory releases to try and find out more. You have shown reluctance for this method for which I can understand.

Randomly keep trying different permutations to try and cause it here in the hope I can cause it. Which is what is being tested.

However, I cannot just load actions, restart app and check for duplications all day and do nothing else. For one your emails will pile up and others also need things checking into.

Neither options are ideal. But something you are doing differently (please note differently - not wrongly) would appear to be causing this. As it doesn't happen for my tests and no one else appears to have it happen to them either.

In an ideal world, there would be an instruction set.

open app
clear out actions
add image post action: 10 images, shared 2 accounts
start action
post 4 images
hard kill program via task manager
restart
MULTIPLE ACTIONS

So some more questions to try and limit down on what I can try and limit down what I keep trying to test to generate the same.

1) how are you closing instances or is this related to them crashing / closing automatically
2) do you auto run the instances or start them manually?
ron

Post by ron »

1) how are you closing instances or is this related to them crashing / closing automatically
2) do you auto run the instances or start them manually?
The image tweet/follow instances are separate and never crash. Crashes happen only on stream instances.
This happens when i have to restart these instances on updates.

2. I start them manually from the menu.

Please add checks if needed, need to get this fixed asap
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

If it is ok with you, the best way for me to see this is if you can zip up your database folder. Then I can replicate, start / restart. I can ensure no contact is made with twitter servers from my machine (unplug cable), then when I restart I should be able to cause this, locate the code causing it

%appdata%\rootjazz\twitterINSTANCE_NAME\database
ron

Post by ron »

Shared on email.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

downloading the database folder now. Any idea how big it is?

I'll hold off the build for the update in the other thread if this downloads.

Will leave it for an hour, if it is down by then, will run it, if not will build and upload and leave it running over night and check first thing tomorrow