SUPER BLUNDER !! Image tweets duplicating

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
ron

Re: SUPER BLUNDER !! Image tweets duplicating

Post by ron »

It's 10 mb only.
I zipped the newest instance to make it easier for you.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

got it, the download never stated the size

loading in now

hopefully have something for you soon
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Cleared out all actions from the processor, started up a few actions (forced them to run as were scheduled). Shut down app normally and tried again via task manager.

Each time I reload - no duplicates

Is not going to be as straight forward as I hope.

Got to put the kids to bed, will be back in 30 minutes and will see if can figure out to get more debugging into the codebase so when it occurs for you there is more to go on
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

The database you sent me, that loads in with duplicates for you? Or it was "clean"?

After starting the processor and forcing an action to run, if you close it down straight away, within a minute, does it cause a duplication for you?

You said it happens everytime across all instances - so it isn't a rare occurrence for you, this should mean I can replicate it - yet I cannot, this doesn't make sense. Unless I am testing it wrongly.

start processor
start image posting apps
close app normally
restart

The only thing I can think of, is you run things longer than my tests (hence the questions above). When closing, have some actions completed? IF so, is it the completed ones that duplicate?

In your screen shot, it shows multiple actions which appear to be the same. 2-3 are marked as completed, 2-3 are waiting. Those completions happened previously or during the current running?
ron

Post by ron »

Generally happens 90% of the time when I get i shut it down while the processes are running.
Processes don't necessarily have to be the image tweet ones, could be anything else.

For some instances, images get duplicated - for others processes get deleted on close.
Please focus your energy on the status and automatic/manual account pause functions, those are more critical in the overall scheme of things.
I can manually delete the duplicates for a while till you figure this out.

Going to sleep now, 7 AM here :(
martin@rootjazz wrote:Cleared out all actions from the processor, started up a few actions (forced them to run as were scheduled). Shut down app normally and tried again via task manager.

Each time I reload - no duplicates

Is not going to be as straight forward as I hope.

Got to put the kids to bed, will be back in 30 minutes and will see if can figure out to get more debugging into the codebase so when it occurs for you there is more to go on
ron

Post by ron »

Yes the completed ones happen on the previous instance. Everything happens on the previous instance actually.
And when i open there would one extra waiting and completed process.

Try this on your own database -

Click on run, add 2-3 random tasks (random not being image tweets)
Now click on pause
Then add an image tweet job that repeats in 2 minutes (you will see that the image tweet shows as processing even if paused, separate bug)
After the tweet completes once shut the instance down with 1 waiting and 1 completed
Reopen

Do you see the error ?

martin@rootjazz wrote:The database you sent me, that loads in with duplicates for you? Or it was "clean"?

After starting the processor and forcing an action to run, if you close it down straight away, within a minute, does it cause a duplication for you?

You said it happens everytime across all instances - so it isn't a rare occurrence for you, this should mean I can replicate it - yet I cannot, this doesn't make sense. Unless I am testing it wrongly.

start processor
start image posting apps
close app normally
restart

The only thing I can think of, is you run things longer than my tests (hence the questions above). When closing, have some actions completed? IF so, is it the completed ones that duplicate?

In your screen shot, it shows multiple actions which appear to be the same. 2-3 are marked as completed, 2-3 are waiting. Those completions happened previously or during the current running?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

will test that exactly and get back to you
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Yes the completed ones happen on the previous instance. Everything happens on the previous instance actually.
And when i open there would one extra waiting and completed process.

Try this on your own database -

Click on run, add 2-3 random tasks (random not being image tweets)
Now click on pause
Then add an image tweet job that repeats in 2 minutes (you will see that the image tweet shows as processing even if paused, separate bug)
After the tweet completes once shut the instance down with 1 waiting and 1 completed
Reopen

Do you see the error ?
Works correctly. Reload, see one completed and one waiting

If you run a clean instance
load in 4 accounts
add a follow action - run it
add a like action - run it
add the image posting action (as detail above)- run it

does the issue still occur?