Request for new Follower filter :)

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
TwitterNub

Request for new Follower filter :)

Post by TwitterNub »

Hello, Hows it going Martin?

Just seeing if there is interest in a filter setting for "follow ratio". I find that it's much easier to get follow backs when you add accounts in the 100% ratio range. The calculation for follow ratio is rather easy and is basically the amount of followers versus the amount of follows each account has. Is this even feasible?

Thanks have a nice day!

PS - I'd want this in the watch tweet stream function as well, since I mostly utilize that function.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Request for new Follower filter :)

Post by martin@rootjazz »

What exactly would you want to be value

Saying the followers = 500
and followings = 1000

what would the ratio be?

I would say 0.5, you make it the same?
TwitterNub

Re: Request for new Follower filter :)

Post by TwitterNub »

yes you are correct. if it was 1000 followings and 500 follows he would be 50% and if it was 1000 followers and 500 follows he would be 200%

I like to set the settings at around 80% to 140% as I find these people tend to follow back more often. I would also set it to last active within 5 days. with these 3 settings I was seeing like a 20%+ follow back ratio, which is pretty good when you can search out names in your niche and add anyone that meets the criteria. There were times when I'd even get 30-35% which was awesome :D!

Just seeing if it would be plausible at all, if not no worries. Thanks Martin, by the way. Happy Holidays dude! no rush on this stuff at all, i was just seeing.

Have a good night

Also, I'm having an issue with the Tweet stream now haha, so I'm probably going to be switching back to the follower tab. I will start a new thread in regards to this issue and maybe we can figure it out :) Sorry to bother you man.