Watch folder for image upload

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
ron

Watch folder for image upload

Post by ron »

Hey Martin,

Is it possible to have a watch folder for image/tweet upload where I could keep dropping images when they get exhausted ?
Really difficult to select a folder again when the stipulated set we assign is completed.

Like selecting a folder per account, assigning meta and tweets per account again and again is tiring.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Watch folder for image upload

Post by martin@rootjazz »

feature request noted
ron

URGENT: Watch folder for image upload fails

Post by ron »

* ERROR: Forbidden - The request is understood, but it has been refused or access is not allowed. An accompanying error message will explain why. This code is used when requests are being denied due to update limits.
* ERROR Info: This request looks like it might be automated. To protect our users from spam and other malicious activity, we can't complete this action right now. Please try again later.
  • Getting this on a lot of image tweets, even with unique text/images. What could be the problem, this only shows when i do share across accounts and my repository of images is huge. On deselecting share across accounts, tweets go well.
    One of the reasons could be that while taking in meta for images, i import a meta spintax list of atleast 10,000 lines but i observed that images only take spintax from the upper section of the list. Is the meta assigned serially from the top one by one or is it truly random ?
    Also maybe please add the option to take in image tweet text from a txt file.
  • The application tries to continuously tries to refeed tweets when we get this error, clear indication and confirmation of automation to twitter !
    Also the 140 character tweet problem is still not fixed, the only token i am using for this is for the URL, everything else is static.
  • Additionally in the share across accounts image tweet, when i select maximum uploads as 1, it should be 1 upload per account irrespective of if I select multiple accounts. Instead it takes in the number of uploads across all accounts as 1 ! Please fix this for image tweeting else the number allocation makes no sense with the fluctuation field etc.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

The application tries to continuously tries to refeed tweets when we get this error, clear indication and confirmation of automation to twitter !
I would need the app logs, which will let me know exactly where this is being detected so the action can be cancelled at that point

Also the 140 character tweet problem is still not fixed, the only token i am using for this is for the URL, everything else is static.
Tested here, with a tweet of 139 chars, including #url# which changed to URL, so after replacing token, it was over 140 and the message was snipped correctly

Additionally in the share across accounts image tweet, when i select maximum uploads as 1, it should be 1 upload per account irrespective of if I select multiple accounts. Instead it takes in the number of uploads across all accounts as 1 ! Please fix this for image tweeting else the number allocation makes no sense with the fluctuation field etc.
The max items is a total, not a per account value
ron

Post by ron »

I would need the app logs, which will let me know exactly where this is being detected so the action can be cancelled at that point
This is happening because of the spintax bug from before that we are discussing.
Nevertheless the refeeding should not happen on that account atleast for that 1 repetition.

Log ID - 75744
TwitterNub

Post by TwitterNub »

I would also really love this feature and was planning to ask for it as well. Count me as vote 2 :P
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

TwitterNub wrote:I would also really love this feature and was planning to ask for it as well. Count me as vote 2 :P
Watch folder vote noted :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

The request is understood, but it has been refused or access is not allowed
The issue in detecting it and responding is that you are running a big shared action. The best thing to do is not to run your actions to cause this.Trying to detect on an per account basis, could mean that if you run with many accounts in many threads and they all start to be put on a "do not use" list, you could end up with more threads than accounts and everything is being actioned with just a small number of accounts.

Am unsure of how best to handle it that will suit everybody.
ron

Post by ron »

The issue in detecting it and responding is that you are running a big shared action. The best thing to do is not to run your actions to cause this.Trying to detect on an per account basis, could mean that if you run with many accounts in many threads and they all start to be put on a "do not use" list, you could end up with more threads than accounts and everything is being actioned with just a small number of accounts.
What to do about this then ?
All my twitterdub accounts running on shared actions give the automationd detected errors inspite of having their own APIs and IPs.

Please resolve this, as informed before works fine with individual threads per account, tried with FL and works fine on that bot, means it's something twitterdub is doing.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ron wrote:
What to do about this then ?
All my twitterdub accounts running on shared actions give the automationd detected errors inspite of having their own APIs and IPs.

I'm looking in to it