Daily/Global limits for "Search for Tweets" not working for me

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
TwitterNub

Daily/Global limits for "Search for Tweets" not working for me

Post by TwitterNub »

Hey Martin, alright got another for ya. I really like the search for tweet function, it seems to work really well. The only problem is I have both "work hours" on my accounts as well as daily limits (I also filled in the global limits). All the limits are the same, 150 follows per day basically.

I woke up this am and my account have added like 1400-2100 people within the span of 14 hours lmao, I'm guessing I can kiss these accounts good bye, but I'm hoping for the best. I don't understand, why did they do this? How am I supposed to limit how many it's allowed to follow per account per day?

Thanks
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Daily/Global limits for "Search for Tweets" not working for me

Post by martin@rootjazz »

submit logs

HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

Also detail exactly what you were doing

search for tweets
max items
how are your daily limits set
how are your work limits set

work limits will NOT stop an already running process - once started it will run. But NEW actions should not run
TwitterNub

Post by TwitterNub »

Hey, I can't submit right now as my accounts are over limit (if they even still exist) lol.

I already had the global & per account daily settings set way before I ever tried to use the "search tweet stream" function. I deleted my logs last night in order to send you logs on the other issue so the logs pertaining to the accounts adding thousands of people per day is already lost. I also was unable to send logs pertaining to the other issue because I was over limit and couldn't reproduce the issue till the next day (today).

I will have to wait a day and hope that i still have accounts to experiment with before I can get back to ya.

Settings were as follows:
Global limits 150 follows, 100 unfollows (though I have yet to use this function), 450 likes, 10 retweets and the rest.
Account limits were set exactly the same as above.

All limits were set before using search tweet stream, I went to the function. I set up one account as they search account then checked "shared between all accounts" and checked all 12 accounts.

Filter settings are as follows: 4 terms each updated to follow with a pause ever 1 minute. Filter set was 100 minimum followers, ignore if private, ignore if following, last action on twitter: 5 days, no other settings were used.

I then clicked save, set a pause of 25-105 seconds, and left all other settigns default (such as email scrape, profile scrape, and details scrape).

I then clicked create and it worked beautifully :P Almost TOO beautifully :P 2k per day and didnt follow my global max limits.

Any ideas? I'll send you logs ASAP once the day resets.
TwitterNub

Post by TwitterNub »

Alright, so it's not as bad as I thought it was. Yesterday when I did "daily account stat" search i was told I've followed 1400-2200 people which is when i promptly freaked and came to the forums.

I just now ran first a "verify log in" on all accounts and fingers crossed they all still exist. I decided then I should do another daily stats search and It's come back with the following results:

Screenshot: http://imgur.com/HkiaCr9

All accounts seemed to have followed 299 people yesterday, instead of 2k. that is much better, but oddly I can't help but notice that each account is @ 299 which just happens to be my daily limit of 150 times 2 minus 1. I also notice that the accounts I did the searches on (one was for likes and the other was for follows) has each followed an addition 150 people.

Likes were giving me the same errors as follows (on the old issue that doesn't pertain to this thread's issue) so I decided to do a stream on them both, none of my accounts got any likes, so I'm guessing this idea is out ya? it's probably too much to run 2 streams simultaneously.

Question: If I chose an account to search with, and then chose "Share accross all accounts", then select the same account as I've chosen to search with will that cause the account to do double the searches? Because I did that, I was afraid the accounts I linked for the search would only search, and if I didnt check them in the shared accounts setting I felt they would've been left out. Which way is it? Thanks.

Either way it's still kinda weird, one of the streaming accounts was only streaming to like, yet it still followed 150 extra as well (and no accounts got any likes added)'

How would you like me to proceed? How long should I run a single stream for before I send you the results.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

confirm

The huge number of daily followers was reported by the stats for the account? Not from your twitter page showing increased numbers? Fingers crossed, it could just be a bug in how the bot records what was done (even if it wasn't)

The action you were performing which seems to have caused this is the WATCH TWEETS and then you action by following

Is the above correct?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

looking in your image, 400 followed in 24 hours, but total following 150 (or there abouts)

This does seem to imply stats reporting issue.