Accounts were working then suddenly started failing

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Accounts were working then suddenly started failing

Post by martin@rootjazz »

did you set a filter? that is what failing

Still trying to decrypt your logs, but for some reason isn't working so is hard to get the actual trace
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

loading the program
follow tab
search drop down to: authors of tweet search
enter
[dogs,cats,horses]
create action and run

all works here

Please detail EXACTLY what you do, perhaps I am missing a crucial step in order to replicate your issue
TwitterNub

Post by TwitterNub »

Hey Martin, How are you?

Alright, I believe I've figured out what setting was causing the issue. I used the exact settings as follows:

[1,2,3,4] - authors of tweets returned by tweet search, pause 9min to 94max. 150 follower per account per day, repeat 1 x per 24 hours x 7 days
No schedule, no share across accounts, no unique items per account, no like, no retweet, no stop search if previously processed item found.

User Filter: 100 followers min, 0 max, following 0min/max
uploaded images 0 min/max statuses: 0 min/max
days since last tweet 5
days since last active 5
if performing tweet search, dayhs since last tweet 5
checked ignore private
checked ignore if default av
checked ignore if follows u

and it all works! The second I check the "Unique Items per account" button is the second I run into all my issues from above. Not sure why at all, but I will just leave it off and go from there!

Question: In the user filters tab, there is a section called "#statuses" or something along the lines. What does this pertain to? Thank you
TwitterNub

Post by TwitterNub »

Nevermind lol, it's not working. this feels like a never ending battle and it seems like i'm the only one that can replicate it. I've given up on the settings above and have been trying to run the default settings given by you on the first/second pages but it only works for 60 or so follows then it starts throwing the same errors... not to mention I can't filter anything which means I'm adding anyone and everyone which isn't ideal. I'm going to go ahead and give the "watch for tweets" thing a try, I can't keep sitting on the side lines, haha, I got a bit invested in this on top of the program.

I did as you said, started with default settings and then worked my way up to find the issue. So far the issue is rather sporadic it seems, I go through all the settings and think I figure out the problem and then it comes right back, even default settings don't seem to work longer than 50 follows if I'm lucky haha.

The one thing I noticed is, once the accounts start throwing the errors, they won't stop until I reboot the program. Once I close and restart the program, it seems to work for 5-10 minutes, but then it will start throwing the same errors again. I have yet to get all 12 accounts working and this is single threaded actions. I will set it up and the first one or two will work and find some but not all followers then once it starts throwing the errors its ability to find people will break down and the program will begin adding the people it's already found. Once those accounts are finished following what it's found the next account will throw only errors and complete after 2 minutes or so with zero people found.

Is there any way by chance we can chat on Skype or something? I reallyyy want to get this working. Thanks have a nice day!
TwitterNub

Post by TwitterNub »

For now I am going to work with the watch for tweet function, it seems to be working beautifully. I would still love to figure out the follower function though. :)! Have a good one !
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

TwitterNub wrote:Hey Martin, How are you?

Alright, I believe I've figured out what setting was causing the issue. I used the exact settings as follows:

[1,2,3,4] - authors of tweets returned by tweet search, pause 9min to 94max. 150 follower per account per day, repeat 1 x per 24 hours x 7 days
No schedule, no share across accounts, no unique items per account, no like, no retweet, no stop search if previously processed item found.

User Filter: 100 followers min, 0 max, following 0min/max
uploaded images 0 min/max statuses: 0 min/max
days since last tweet 5
days since last active 5
checked ignore private
checked ignore if default av
checked ignore if follows u

and it all works! The second I check the "Unique Items per account" button is the second I run into all my issues from above. Not sure why at all, but I will just leave it off and go from there!
Let me check
Question: In the user filters tab, there is a section called "#statuses" or something along the lines. What does this pertain to? Thank you
the number of tweets the account has made
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

TwitterNub wrote: been trying to run the default settings given by you on the first/second pages but it only works for 60 or so follows then it starts throwing the same errors... not to mention I can't filter anything which means I'm adding anyone and everyone which isn't ideal.
Please submit logs so I can see full information

HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

so your default search
follow 100 users returned by tweet search
works for 60 or so
then errors - What are these errors?

I go through all the settings and think I figure out the problem and then it comes right back, even default settings don't seem to work longer than 50 follows if I'm lucky haha.
This "sounds" like rate limiting. AS above, your logs would give me more information. With a strong filter you would hit rate limits, as depending on the filter - multiple calls to API may be needed. If you want a strong filter - stream tweets is best, as there is no rate limiting there, just watch for tweets streamed from twitter - react to them or ignore them

The one thing I noticed is, once the accounts start throwing the errors, they won't stop until I reboot the program.
This "probably" is not the fix - more that it is causing a delay. Cancelling the action - waiting 15 minutes should also do it. I say "should" - might not though
Once I close and restart the program, it seems to work for 5-10 minutes, but then it will start throwing the same errors again.
Again, sounds like a rate limit
I have yet to get all 12 accounts working and this is single threaded actions. I will set it up and the first one or two will work and find some but not all followers then once it starts throwing the errors its ability to find people will break down and the program will begin adding the people it's already found. Once those accounts are finished following what it's found the next account will throw only errors and complete after 2 minutes or so with zero people found.
As I say - sounds like rate limit, but your logs should give more information - but rate limits should force an API pause to not keep hitting the server. Once I have seen your logs can take it from there - either ruling in or out this hypothesis
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

days since last tweet 5
days since last active 5
This filter is pointless, select just one, if doing an active search - no need to do the others. If doing a days since last tweet search - no point for the others - etc etc - is wasting limits
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

also you will be running into the issue of grouping your search - not only are you running the filter - but you are running it 4 terms for grouped search

[1,2,3,4]

Try it with default settings - without filter with single search

It should work fine - should get 100 results easierly

I cannot see anything else that could happen to explain your results
TwitterNub

Post by TwitterNub »

I'm still on limit my friend, I will send you in these logs ASAP. Thanks for your response and sorry to keep you waiting, the tweet stream thing threw me over-limit for the day