Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

multi search and action

Post by martin@rootjazz »

New function on action tabs

Enter your search as

[term1,term2,term3]

Twitterdub will perform the separate searches, merge the results, shuffle the results, then action on them all.

So you can perform various niche searches and action within a single thread for a single account / shared account

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: multi search and action

1. Can I set the number of keywords to 10k without breaking the system ?
2. Will the same work on the scrape profiles tab as well ?

1) of course not.

You set 10k keywords, they all need to be search on twitter. You will get rate limited, well I guess the 10k would complete EVENTUALLY, but after rate limits, it will be a while

Why would you want to search for 10k items?

the flow is

detect multi terms
divide request total by number of searches
perform all searches
shuffle results
action on results

2) no, why would it need to? if you do a bulk search via file, you get the combined results, how does a merged and action search work for a scrape only action? unless I misunderstand you
ron

Post by ron »

1. I thought of putting in the file of keywords as a one time thing in 3-4 months and that the search would randomly take a few from the list to search for. If that were the flow, i would have been sorted for a long time on changing my follow logic but obvioulsy it is not like you explained.

2. Well i want to be able to store around 500k - 1 million users at a time from a big list so I don't have to be doing a search everytime across different accounts. Plus I can maintain uniqueness when we talk about say 1k accounts :)
ron

Post by ron »

Hey Martin,

I think we have a problem because the multi search component has caused my api key write permissions to be revoked.
Now that could also be because I was running 150 accounts under one API key, please tell me if that is a no. A tutorial on this separately would be appreciated on handling keys for large accounts.

Log ID - 50482 (to check more on this)

Either way, I think the app choosing only one/two terms randomly of the multi search set would be way better and safer.

Thanks
ron wrote:1. I thought of putting in the file of keywords as a one time thing in 3-4 months and that the search would randomly take a few from the list to search for. If that were the flow, i would have been sorted for a long time on changing my follow logic but obvioulsy it is not like you explained.

2. Well i want to be able to store around 500k - 1 million users at a time from a big list so I don't have to be doing a search everytime across different accounts. Plus I can maintain uniqueness when we talk about say 1k accounts :)
ron

Post by ron »

Also file terms still opens separate branches, so not sure how the merge happens.
ron

Post by ron »

Ok, so I generated API keys individually for 100 fresh accounts now to be safe.
Still the same problem with write permission revoking after multi-search :(

Please resolve bro.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

how many searches are you doing?

I know you mentioned if you could do 10k, you haven't been trying to do that have you?

The idea is, that you specifying a handful. I have tested this and it works well.

What exactly have you been telling the program todo?

Also file terms still opens separate branches, so not sure how the merge happens.
I have tested

max results 20
[c:\path\to\file.txt,soundcloud,hiphop]

where the file.txt is
dub
acid
techno
house

I then have an action to search for
dub
acid
techno
house
soundcloud
hiphop

all were searched, I got 3-4 items per search, the results were shuffled, then followed correctly
ron

Post by ron »

I sent you details with logs on email for the bugs on multi search with both formats.
And I tested only with 1-3 terms.
martin@rootjazz wrote:how many searches are you doing?

I know you mentioned if you could do 10k, you haven't been trying to do that have you?

The idea is, that you specifying a handful. I have tested this and it works well.

What exactly have you been telling the program todo?

I have tested

max results 20
[c:\path\to\file.txt,soundcloud,hiphop]

where the file.txt is
dub
acid
techno
house

I then have an action to search for
dub
acid
techno
house
soundcloud
hiphop

all were searched, I got 3-4 items per search, the results were shuffled, then followed correctly
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ron

Post by ron »

Thank you ! :)