Retweet from a defined set of users

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
sntx

Retweet from a defined set of users

Post by sntx »

Hi Martin,

Having trouble creating a retweet action. I basically just want to retweet from a defined set of users. For example:

+ 10 tweets authored by user1 OR user2 OR user3

I'm using a file with a list of users right now, but it only looks at the latest tweet of each user and it doesn't repeat. Meaning, that if there are 3 accounts (or account urls) on the file, it'll only try 3 times (not 10). Also, if the latest tweet of an account on the list doesn't match some additional filter criteria, it won't look to the next tweet. Instead, it will just fail and go to the next entry on the file.

I also tried with custom search to no avail... some help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Retweet from a defined set of users

Post by martin@rootjazz »

scrape tweets from the users you want to retweet to file

merge files

retweet from file

-----
how to merge
------
You will then need to merge the resulting files: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6764 ... o-one-file

Code: Select all

Load Dos / CMD
CD c:\path\to\
copy *.txt merged.txt
You would then want to remove duplicate items from the file, for this I would recommend notepad++ with the TextFX extension
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

or setup a retweet action that keeps checking the user for a new retweet then retweets when detects a new one. That might suit your needs
sntx

Post by sntx »

or setup a retweet action that keeps checking the user for a new retweet then retweets when detects a new one
I think that's the best way to go about it, I would do this with the "Watch Users" module, right? Thanks!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

sntx wrote:
or setup a retweet action that keeps checking the user for a new retweet then retweets when detects a new one
I think that's the best way to go about it, I would do this with the "Watch Users" module, right? Thanks!
one way to do it yes.

Or it is possible from the MASS RETWEET tab as well