CPU usage

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
macfin

CPU usage

Post by macfin »

Is it normal that twitterdub uses cpu as hell. Atm I'm running about 120accs each following 80 per day and cpu usage is all the time 99% I'm not even using any filters. When im running tumblingjazz with 200 accs and 200 following per acc and double more threads cpu usage is somewhere 10-30%.
macfin

Re: CPU usage

Post by macfin »

Now I tryed following with 5 threads/10acc and still cpu usage raises to 99% and all what twitterdub is doing is "merging" . So is there a change to avoid this?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I imagine you are doing a SHARED action.

This is flagged for improvement as soon as I get some time.

The issue is, the program has to merge all previously processed items for all selected accounts. This is a lot of read / write operations to your hard disk.

The CPU hitting 100% just means the program is utilising the full power available to do it as quickly as possible. Think of it like trying to drive from A-B. The quickest way is to drive at full speed. If the car was trying to win the race, you wouldn't drive at 20% of top speed would you?

But it needs to be improved / the flow changed to be quicker as it has come to light when using many accounts, it can be very slow
macfin

Post by macfin »

Thanks for the reply, i was wondering that 99% cpu usage because on tumblingjazz it seems that no matter how many threads i run it never hits more than 50%. But thanks for the amazing softwares&customer support&fast updates!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

macfin wrote:Thanks for the reply, i was wondering that 99% cpu usage because on tumblingjazz it seems that no matter how many threads i run it never hits more than 50%. But thanks for the amazing softwares&customer support&fast updates!

Tumblingjazz works different

Twitterdub next update should try and address this
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin