Need Help In Doing This 1 Item

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
helpfulgiant

Need Help In Doing This 1 Item

Post by helpfulgiant »

Hi my logs id is 26350. I looked at the youtube tutorial on following but cannot get it to follow at all.
First I tried the simple: (insert twitter dot com/therepersonsusername ) + select "followers of" option with filters. It did not work. Then I tried it without filters. It did not work.
Second, I tried to scrape 40 user IDs and put them in the "white list" and then put in the url + search. This did not work. (I really would like to know how to use the white list properly).
But it all keeps coming back to the following message (in a few different variations):
TwitterUser: (INSERT NUMBER HERE) using: (INSERT USERNAME HERE)
Checking Filter: listIgnore
Checking Filter: listInclude
* IGNORE: include check
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Need Help In Doing This 1 Item

Post by martin@rootjazz »

you have set a filter to only return items that include X terms. Those terms are not found in the results so are being ignored.

What include filter are you setting?
helpfulgiant

Post by helpfulgiant »

Let me rewind to the very beginning,
The simple steps before this were:
I set up retweets and work times and of course the usual account import/setup. And just to add I set daily stats.

The very first time I used the following command, with no filters at all, it said that message loud and clear after the "Followers Of" + the url.

Then I used filters and it did the exact same message.

Then I tried no filters again in the "Followers Of" + the url through custom search, did not work.

I have set no terms (beyond what ever terms were in the factory default terms) and no filters and still that message will re-appear.

What could be wrong?

---
Also what are the recommended PC/Server specs to run say 50 accounts because when I close the program and reopen it the "completed" sections are blank? I think this is due to lack of ram.
An Update: I just tried to set a 500 limit on one account to see if that could fix this issue and tried again, it did not work. So I set it all back to the 0s in "show advanced".
Another Update: In addition to that turns out the retweets are displaying the same message and thus nothing is posted.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

helpfulgiant wrote:Let me rewind to the very beginning, .
Always useful. Also, for future reference when submitting an issue please, read through this post and submit your issue accordingly. It just helps me understand your issue without having to investigate just to figure out what the issue thus giving more time to solve the issue and carry on improving the programs.

https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1634

Just saves time going back and forth requesting the information I might need - so submit it all first time and can usually solve it right away.

Will run tests now
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

From what you have posted - not much I can work out.

The program says it has ignored an item because it failed your filter. I have added extra debugging code for the nextupdate.

I will send you the link soon.

Please perform the following:

delete existing logs
HELP > LOGS > VIEW
delete all files in the folder that opens

Perform the action:
create retweet action WITHOUT filter
retweet 2-3 items
Run the action

SUBMIT LOGS

Create a new retweet action WITH filter, include words (related to your search)
again just 2-3 items
Run the action

Please detail for me the search perform AND filter options / include words specified

PLEASE NOTE: Do not perform other actions at the same time. Only use one thread. Do not run any actions after this action.

Then submit logs:
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

and let me know the LOGS ID (just the number part is sufficient)

REMEMBER do this ***AFTER*** I have sent you the update link

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

helpfulgiant

Post by helpfulgiant »

Logs 26317 (after the latest update).
The first one should be a custom search then 2 regular tweet search retweets and then the last 2 are two more custom searches.
And if this helps (before the update in the past one) regular searches for a retweet or a follow worked fine, only when I try to put a url + (the custom search or "Followers of" does this ignore issue appear).

One of the 1 fixes I can think of is, somehow having the accounts follow a huge list of scraped users like T.J. but the twitter one has the scraped function for export but I cannot see any way to import the list to follow.

Also thank you very much for the support thus far.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

The issue that I could see in your logs has now been fixed.

I will send you an update link later today

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

If you have already, please update again

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html